Rasp pi 4 wont always start

• Hi !

I just upgraded from Rasp pi 3 to a 4, and have installed a new Libreelec on the same SC card.

My Pi gets power from the USB-output from the TV.

My problem is, when i turn on the TV for the first time of day, the pi boot up fine.

I turn of the tv, and SOMETIMES when i turn on the tv again the PI wont boot. Its only the red light flashing, not the green. If i turn off the TV and try again, it still not wanna turn up.

I need to disconnect the main power to the tv, and plug it in again, and then when i turn the TV on the Pi works fine.

Does anyone know what is wrong?

The old Pi was connected the same way and there was newer problems :)

• The Raspberry Pi 4 generates a lot of extra heat as compared to the Raspberry Pi 3. You might want to make sure the RPi 4 has sufficient cooling.

• My Pi gets power from the USB-output from the TV.

A typical USB 2.0 port will only provide 0.5 Amps per port. The RPI4B needs upto 3.0 Amps, that's quite a difference. The RPi3 is not that power-hungry. You might trash your TV's usb port in the end if that USB port is strained for so long.

Get yourself a decent 3.0 / 3.5 Amps power adapter. The RPi4 will probably simply not get enough juice/power to boot up properly.

e Raspberry Pi 4 generates a lot of extra heat as compared to the Raspberry Pi 3. You might want to make sure the RPi 4 has sufficient cooling.

There is a (first) firmware update which should keep the RPi4's CPU a little bit cooler. Install it.

• Hi again,

Thanks for the reply, i got a new power Source, and now the lightning bolt is gone. And the pi Will always be om. So far so Good !

But i got a new problem, when i have watch sometihing. Shut down the tv (The pi is stil on, because IT for constant power)

And turn om later (3 hours or so) i got black screen, and need to unplug the pi and plug IT back in to get picture.

So weird..