Unable to reach SMB shares after fresh x86_64 install

• I have been using LibreELEC very successfully on a x86_64 system.
    A routine check of the disk prompted me to replace it at once - reinstalled 9.2.1 on a new disk.

Media files reside on a Windows machine with fixed IP - each added directory is like e.g. smb://192.168.1.100/VIDEOm/Cinema (explicit address used in order to avoid any fuss).
    Folder VIDEOm (and others) are shared and require username and password.
    LibreELEC machine has a fixed IP - both the globe and the star are displayed.
    Advanced IP Scanner is able to check that it's indeed on the network and resolves its name as it should.
    On LIbreELEC side, Samba is enabled, Workgroup name is right, Samba authentication is on and Username and Passphrase are both right.
    When I began to add library items with the above syntax I started getting error messages I never saw before:
    Error
    Operation not permitted

then
    Unable to connect
    Couldn't retrieve directory information. This could be due to the
    network not being connected. Would you like to add it anyway?

Other devices are able to reach those directories normally.

What may be wrong?

• Samba (server) in LE settings has nothing to do with the Kodi SMB (client) capabilities. My guess is the Windows box doesn't support SMB2 and needs to have min/max SMB1 set in Kodi service settings. Or you need to check the source configuration in /storage/.kodi/userdata/sources.xml.

• Thank you.

Windows 10 does support SMB2+.
    In fact, my configuration has been in use for many months and I was actually watching a movie when LibreELEC froze and a disk tool determined that the disk had to be replaced.

I'm not familiar on what should I check in /storage/.kodi/userdata/sources.xml.

Edited 2 times, last by pstrg: syntax, update (March 20, 2020 at 10:39 PM).

• The contents of sources.xml below seems to show that entry smb://192.168.1.100/VIDEOm/Cinema is correctly recorded:

• Code
    <source>
        <name>CinemaM</name>
        <path pathversion="1">smb://username:[email protected]/VIDEOm/Cinema/</path>
        <allowsharing>true</allowsharing>
    </source>

Create a user for Kodi, assign rights to the share for that user, and authenticate with that credential, e.g. ^

Adding username:password has done the trick.
    Many thanks!
    Have a nice weekend.