Posts by pstrg

is the "m" correct ?

Yes, it is - wanted to show the full actual path just in case.
    Since the library is distributed among more than one disk, I use the disk letter as a suffix on the path.

Breaking news
    Tried to enter MSIF path from the web interface and succeeded.
    Next, checked on the LibreELEC device and it was there: has been correctly stored.
    Thus, it seems that the problem may be circumscribed to x86/64 10.0.2 user interface.

Version: 10.0.2 on x86/64

Kodi 19 requires that movie set related images should be on MSIF (Movie Set Information Folder) but it's not possible to configure one.

Movie folders on network folders on a Windows machine with fixed IP.

Permissions are OK; in fact, no problem to watch movies etc.

Created a MSIF folder on the Windows machine, shared it and gave to the Windows user that Kodi/LibreELEC uses Full control.

However, if I try to browse to it, no success - nothing is shown on Kodi browse window under Windows network (SMB) - no way to browse to shared folders.

Also tried to create a new one from the browse window but after entering e.g. smb://192.168.1.100/VIDEOm/KODI_MSIF an error windows appears:

Couldn't create folder

Make sure the selected folder is writable and that the new folder name is valid

Running 10.0.2

Kodi 19 requires that movie set related images should be on MSIF - Movie Set Information Folder but I'm unable to configure one and need help.

I'm using LibreELEC 10.0.2 to access files on shared network folders on a Windows machine with fixed IP.
    Triple checked permissions and they are OK; in fact, no problem to watch movies.
    Created a MSIF folder on the Windows machine, shared it and gave to the Windows user that Kodi uses Full control.

However, if I try to configure Kodi, no success - nothing is shown on Kodi browse window under Windows network (SMB) - no way to browse to shared folders.
    Tried to create a new one but after entering smb://192.168.1.100/VIDEOm/KODI_MSIF an error windows appears:

Couldn't create folder

Make sure the selected folder is writable and that the new folder name is valid

The contents of sources.xml below seems to show that entry smb://192.168.1.100/VIDEOm/Cinema is correctly recorded:

I have been using LibreELEC very successfully on a x86_64 system.
    A routine check of the disk prompted me to replace it at once - reinstalled 9.2.1 on a new disk.

Media files reside on a Windows machine with fixed IP - each added directory is like e.g. smb://192.168.1.100/VIDEOm/Cinema (explicit address used in order to avoid any fuss).
    Folder VIDEOm (and others) are shared and require username and password.
    LibreELEC machine has a fixed IP - both the globe and the star are displayed.
    Advanced IP Scanner is able to check that it's indeed on the network and resolves its name as it should.
    On LIbreELEC side, Samba is enabled, Workgroup name is right, Samba authentication is on and Username and Passphrase are both right.
    When I began to add library items with the above syntax I started getting error messages I never saw before:
    Error
    Operation not permitted

then
    Unable to connect
    Couldn't retrieve directory information. This could be due to the
    network not being connected. Would you like to add it anyway?

Other devices are able to reach those directories normally.

What may be wrong?

Will try that.
    Wanted to search for the file that contains the library to edit it manually.

That's because I noted a number of duplicates that wouldn't go away.
    Decide to start from zero, so changed all contents to NONE and them to MOVIE.
    However, one single movie stubbornly remained.

Decided then to export the library and it was entirely empty, thus meaning that the single movie that remained should be due to another problem.

Trying to access LibreELEC 9.0.0 from a Windows 10 machine.
    According to information found here, username and password for access are both "libreelec".
    When Windows presents the authentication window and I enter both, it accepts "libreelec" as as a legitimate username but continue to ask for password.

Tried just in case to enable SMB v1 both on LibreELEC and Windows but no way.
    What am I doing wrong?

Technically it would be a Kodi problem, but if you want things to scrape reliably you need to use "normal" folder/file names.

Hmmm...
    Always thought that everything that is legal should be normal...
    Naming Files, Paths, and Namespaces | Microsoft Docs

Who uses a folder name called '='..? :/

I know someone.
    Why? Because that person separates lossy and lossless audio files - "#" is the folder for lossy and "=" is the folder for lossless.
    After many years it became an habit.

[LibreELEC 8.2.5 running on Generic.x86_x64]

Noted that some movies did not appear in the lists; all such movies were behind a folder named "=" (just an equal sign).

Changed that folder's name to "[ ]" to test and all missing movies now appear in the lists.

Seems that either Kodi / LibreELEC don't like that name even though it's a legal one.

Just installed LibreELEC 8.1.1 on an Intel machine to act as client of a main Kodi installation on a Windows machine.

LibreELEC client is connected to TV through HDMI.

Established connection to the Kodi server through UPnP - no problem to find it.

Working normally, but no sound. Noted that audio output was not set to the HDMI option, so changed to that - sound appeared.

As I powered up again, could not connect to the UPnP server anymore.

Removed the UPnP connection and tried to add it again, but no UPnP server found.

Important: connectivity to the PC that has the main Kodi installation does exist - I can browse its shared folders through SMB.

Tried to restart the main Kodi but that did not fix things.

What may be happening?