X265 issues pi4b libreelec 9.2.1

• Just started using a Pi4b for my front end to stream movies and TV from my HP Microsever. It's fine all setup, shares found and such no issues.

I've come across a weird thing though, if the mkv container has an x265 stream in it, when you goto the on-screen menu the film jumps about, stops, screen goes black etc... With x264 files it's absolutely fine.

Anyone else having similar issues, is it something that can be fixed withing libre or a bug or do I just convert everything to x264 and move along 😁

Setup

Pi4b > Yamaha rx-v681 amp > Panasonic tx-65dx750b

• Please provide a full debug log.

How to post a log (wiki)

1. Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging
    2. Restart Kodi
    3. Replicate the problem
    4. Generate a log URL (do not post/upload logs to the forum)

use "Settings > LibreELEC > System > Paste system logs" or run "pastekodi" over SSH, then post the URL link
  • Just started using a Pi4b for my front end to stream movies and TV from my HP Microsever. It's fine all setup, shares found and such no issues.

I've come across a weird thing though, if the mkv container has an x265 stream in it, when you goto the on-screen menu the film jumps about, stops, screen goes black etc... With x264 files it's absolutely fine.

Anyone else having similar issues, is it something that can be fixed withing libre or a bug or do I just convert everything to x264 and move along 😁

Setup

Pi4b > Yamaha rx-v681 amp > Panasonic tx-65dx750b

I have simillar issues and it's a constant.
    RPi2B here. Used OpenELEC for quite long time and switched to libreELEC recently

I use shamba share to access videos and if video is in x265 format, it get's twitchy (x264 working normaly). For a long time I was sure it's a lack of processing power in RPi2B, but if you have same issues on RPi4, it must be linked to SW Or decoding chip on device...

Will get logs later today (do not have any 265 videos currently)(

• Im at work as well, I'll try get the log files later. It's as if when you access the on screen menu, the signal changes, I can see it dropping the DTS HD Ma track and going back to LPCM, the screen goes black, refreshes and menu reappears...when you move the curser again to the next menu option the issue repeats. Very odd..