[8.2.3.1] LibreELEC 8.0 for S805

• I updated my LE to the latest version.

- The stuttering is reduced to a minimum but now I see a slow down of the frame rate from time to time (mainly with 23.976fps videos)

- Some audio delay

- CEC is not working with my Panasonic TV

- Filmon is working, finally :)

- Estuary New Gen is ugly (but I won't hold kszaq responsible for this ;) )

All in all, I don't feel ready to replace my OE installation with LE yet. I'll get a S905X box next week to check that version too.

• CEC will be fixed in a next build. Unfortunately you won't see any improvement regarding video stuttering with S905. Both use AML decoder and both have the same issues.

• Greetings.. Newbie here..
    I read this statement on another post about the S805 boxes - "no HD-Audio passthrough and multichannel audio output (hardware limitation)"
    So basically, If I connect to my AVR I will *not* get any digital surround sound? No Dolby Digital/Plus/True HD and DTS/DTS-MA ??

• S805 is limited to: Stereo PCM/Dolby Digital/DTS.

Ugh. So I either listen to movies in stereo or use the Pro Logic 2 setting on my receiver :(
    Unless you meant Stereo PCM *and* DD 5.1 and DTS 5.1?? *crosses fingers* *burns incense*
    Thanks for taking the time to answer.

• Ugh. So I either listen to movies in stereo or use the Pro Logic 2 setting on my receiver :(
    Unless you meant Stereo PCM *and* DD 5.1 and DTS 5.1?? *crosses fingers* *burns incense*
    Thanks for taking the time to answer.

S805 and LE support passthrough of Dolby digital and DTS. You won't have problems with those.

• Thanks. Will the S905 be a better option then? Will that support passthrough of the Dolby Digital Plus, True HD and DTS-MA ??

One of the reasons I got a S905X box is that it can passthrough DTS-MA and Dolby TrueHD as well as multichannel PCM (AAC 5.1, for example). I haven't tested DD+. In this regard, it is a better option.

Keep in mind that LE for S905\S905X is not as mature or stable as LE for S805.

• Perhaps it can but, unless the driver supports HD audio, the chipset capabilities are irrelevant.
    I think kszaq mentioned this driver limitation, it supports only 2 channels.

• Keep in mind that LE for S905\S905X is not as mature or stable as LE for S805.

Thanks again. This is all because my friend got an S805 based box as a gift from his Dad. He asked me to help him set it up. Unfortunately, it is one of those boxes with unofficial Kodi add ons. I wanted to wipe and install LibreELEC, but the more I researched the more 'compromises' I discover. Now he is asking about 4K streaming from Netflix and Amazon Prime Video and I don't think the S905 is HDCP 2.2 compliant. Hell, I don't even think his AVR is 4K capable.
    To add to the hilarity of this situation, he mistook my interest in helping him as me wanting a similar gizmo, so he got me the same S805 box as a gift. Look, it was really nice of him, but what am I gonna do with it? It won't passthrough Dolby Digital Plus, True HD and DTS-MA, it can only take a maximum of a 32gb MicroSD card.
    My friend's needs are different than mine and I'm jumping between various sites and forums and the Amazon website to find solutions for both of us. I don't care that much about 4K since I don't have a 4K tv and my AVR isn't even 4k capable. Yeah, it might be a good idea to future proof, but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. But my brain is starting to swim. So I really appreciate the time and patience being shown to me here.

• I'm pretty sure my MK808B Plus can do HD Audio on passthrough just fine.

You need to read S805 specification that says there is support only for 2 channel audio = no HD Audio passthrough.

Now he is asking about 4K streaming from Netflix and Amazon Prime Video and I don't think the S905 is HDCP 2.2 compliant. Hell, I don't even think his AVR is 4K capable.

The only S905/S905X boxes that you can get Netflix in HD on are WeTeks and Xiaomi because only them have L1 DRM support. And that's only in Android. I'm not sure whether you can get 4K Netflix with any of them.