Posts by karelj

Keep in mind that LE for S905\S905X is not as mature or stable as LE for S805.

Thanks again. This is all because my friend got an S805 based box as a gift from his Dad. He asked me to help him set it up. Unfortunately, it is one of those boxes with unofficial Kodi add ons. I wanted to wipe and install LibreELEC, but the more I researched the more 'compromises' I discover. Now he is asking about 4K streaming from Netflix and Amazon Prime Video and I don't think the S905 is HDCP 2.2 compliant. Hell, I don't even think his AVR is 4K capable.
    To add to the hilarity of this situation, he mistook my interest in helping him as me wanting a similar gizmo, so he got me the same S805 box as a gift. Look, it was really nice of him, but what am I gonna do with it? It won't passthrough Dolby Digital Plus, True HD and DTS-MA, it can only take a maximum of a 32gb MicroSD card.
    My friend's needs are different than mine and I'm jumping between various sites and forums and the Amazon website to find solutions for both of us. I don't care that much about 4K since I don't have a 4K tv and my AVR isn't even 4k capable. Yeah, it might be a good idea to future proof, but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. But my brain is starting to swim. So I really appreciate the time and patience being shown to me here.

Greetings.. Newbie here..
    I read this statement on another post about the S805 boxes - "no HD-Audio passthrough and multichannel audio output (hardware limitation)"
    So basically, If I connect to my AVR I will *not* get any digital surround sound? No Dolby Digital/Plus/True HD and DTS/DTS-MA ??