RPI4b 1GB can be reliable crashed by browsing pictures

• Hi,

I can reliably crash my RPI4b by browsing the Pictures. After a while the PI reboots.Doesn't matter which directory and / or pictures I choose or watch, so its not a specific file or dir. Randomly browsing is enough.

I activated logging and Pastebinned the kodi.old.log:

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

When I installed the PI I had the same thing happen when adding sources for video and music: browsing to a directory led to a crash. I thought it was flaky power supply at my desk, but since then I ordered another power supply and moved to Pi to the living room. So low power can be ruled out I think. Also because it never happens when watching video either from file or streaming.

• Update: this problem still exists in the latest 18.6 build for RPI4.

How can I provide more info? It's just weird that a complete movie streams perfectly and traversing thru directories and / or generating photo thumbnails reliable crashes Kodi.

Plenty of time on my hands these days with this Corona thing to run some tests.

• There is likely a bug in the thumbnail processing of pictures, something that already existed in earlier RPi3 releases as well. And something that hasn't been able to fix just yet.

Or is it crashing on already thumbed pictures/photos? If so, can you provide a sample or two of them?