Default configure parameter for PineH64?

• Hello, libreELEC devs,

Thank you first for all your effort.

I have compiled KODI for Gentoo on PineH64(Allwinner H6) for GBM. But the performance is NOT on par with libreELEC, where it can do 4K fairly well.

With my build, it takes 60% CPU to play 1080P video and surrender to a 4K file.

Strangely, both Kodi's system information telling that it's all panfrost rendering.

That make me wondering: what could be wrong with the configure parameter or something else with my compiled Kodi.

Does anyone can tell me about the configure parameter for Allwinner H6?

Or could it be something else causing such dramatic difference:?:

Thank you, again.

• Hi,

Thank you for the reply first.

May I have a little more details? For example, where do the patches happen? Rendering path? decoding?

Do I have to check out libreELEC build system to learn about these details?

Edited 3 times, last by delius (March 7, 2020 at 5:45 AM).

• Official Post

For example, where do the patches happen? Rendering path? decoding?

There are several patches responsible mostly for video decoding and hdmi audio, but also a few others. Check all patches in projects/Allwinner and in ffmpeg package for v4l2-request api. There is also Kodi patch which makes sure that highest GUI size is 1080p. You really don't need better GUI resolution, which would just slow down everything. Videos are still rendered at 4K.

Do I have to check out libreELEC build system to learn about these details?

Not sure how else you will get those patches and needed build switches to activate them.

Strangely, both Kodi's system information telling that it's all panfrost rendering.

GPU != VPU and no, videos are not rendered by GPU in LibreELEC.

• There are several patches responsible mostly for video decoding and hdmi audio, but also a few others. Check all patches in projects/Allwinner and in ffmpeg package for v4l2-request api. There is also Kodi patch which makes sure that highest GUI size is 1080p. You really don't need better GUI resolution, which would just slow down everything. Videos are still rendered at 4K.

Not sure how else you will get those patches and needed build switches to activate them.

GPU != VPU and no, videos are not rendered by GPU in LibreELEC.

Sir, thank you first for so much detailed info. I certainly appreciate these from bottom of my heart.

I have some more specific question to ask, so I will thank you here and close this topic.