Wetek core, old LG TV and CEC

• Hi all,

I would like to report a bug related to an old(ish) LG TV (XXLE8500) and the official 7.0 build for wetek core. The same issues affect openelec 6.95.2.

In the dmesg output, I see a lot of messages like:[amlogic] ##### cec write error! #####
    [amlogic_cec] dump: msg TX len: 5 dat: 1f 87 00 e0 91
    [amlogic_cec] amlogic_cec_write(): error during wait on state change, resetting
    [amlogic] ##### cec write error! #####
    [amlogic_cec] dump: msg TX len: 2 dat: 10 04
    [amlogic_cec] amlogic_cec_write(): error during wait on state change, resetting
    [amlogic] ##### cec write error! #####
    [amlogic_cec] dump: msg TX len: 2 dat: 10 04
    [amlogic_cec] amlogic_cec_irq_handler(): cec msg status: rx: 0x2; tx: 0x1
    [amlogic_cec] amlogic_cec_read_hw(): amlogic_cec_read_hw: enter: CEC_RX_MSG_STATUS 2, CEC_RX_NUM_MSG 1And the device is usually not recognized by the TV set.

But sometimes (especially if I press the "simplink" button on my TV remote immediatelly after a video has ended, or within a few seconds after the "CEC adapter connected" message is shown) it works and I can control libreelec with the TV remote. Unfortunately I don't have logs for this at the moment.

The same TV worked 100% of the time with my old raspberry PI.

I saw there were CEC-related commits a few days ago (25-04-2016) but I am not sure if they made it to the release. Should I try to build an updated image? Is there something else I can do to help you wrt this issue?