HDR, HDR10, DV Support

• Hi

I have LibreElect 9.2 installed on my PC and my RPi4.

I saw some posts from December, that HDR just landed to Linux.

Whats the current status of that ?

Can I enjoy Kodi + HDR's technologies ?

• LE 9.2 does not and is unlikely to ever support HDR with RPi4 as it's based upon Linux 4.19 which pre-dates all the initial HDR support being merged into the Linux kernel, and because Kodi will move to a modern GBM/V4L2 architecture for most things running Linux as part of LE10 and Kodi v19. There is a considerable amount of ongoing activity to port RPi hardware away from the legacy MMAL decoder to the new GBM/V4L2 pipeline and once this is working people will start poking 10-bit video and HDR. So.. we're not there yet, but it will come.

• LE 9.2 does not and is unlikely to ever support HDR with RPi4 as it's based upon Linux 4.19 which pre-dates all the initial HDR support being merged into the Linux kernel, and because Kodi will move to a modern GBM/V4L2 architecture for most things running Linux as part of LE10 and Kodi v19. There is a considerable amount of ongoing activity to port RPi hardware away from the legacy MMAL decoder to the new GBM/V4L2 pipeline and once this is working people will start poking 10-bit video and HDR. So.. we're not there yet, but it will come.

Thanks for this answer. I continue to check this forum specifically for hdr support. Hopefully it comes sooner rather than later.