HTPC: adding material from an external source

• Apologies if this is a very basic question but I've searched around and can't find the answer.

I have an HTPC running LibreELEC 18.2, set up as part of a small home network. The PC has one internal hard drive and a sound card with a single HDMI socket used to connect it to my amplifier.

Also connected to the amp are a reel-to-reel tape deck and a vinyl-disc turntable; these obviously are not part of the network, but the amp is. Is there a way of transferring audio material from these sources to the HTPC's hard drive? The computer has its own audio in/out sockets but I'm not sure if these are still active or have been disabled by the insertion of the sound card.

I know I could do it via a direct connection with a Windows OS and suitable software, but can it done with LibreELEC/Kodi?

Many thanks in advance for any thoughts.

Edited 3 times, last by Bert Coules (February 16, 2020 at 4:55 PM).

• Not a chance buddy. Like you said only direct to Windows and software to record what you playing on deck or turntable. Not sure what quality it'll be after.... There is many places you can find why you want to listen 😉