tvheadend requiring login but not accepting it

• Hi

Installed libreElec on a Raspberry 3b+ a couple of months ago, added tvheadend and set it up with hdhomerun. After very little hassle it just worked - and wife was happy. My and wife are the only ones on this network so I configured no login for everyday user - and a password for accessing admin.

Fast forward til yesterday where I discover, that I can no longer access the tvheadend webinterface on the :9981 port. Firefox keeps giving a native browser login popup.

preview

It does not accept my previous password and if I escape I get the 401 Unauthorized, with Default login and New login links show behind.

To enable access I did a workaround and edited /storage/.kodi/addons/service.tvheadend42/bin/tvheadend42.start like below:

Code
    else
    #  TVHEADEND_ARG="-B -C -u root -g video -c $ADDON_HOME $AVM_SATIP $CUSTOM_ARGS"
      TVHEADEND_ARG="-B --noacl -u root -g video -c $ADDON_HOME $AVM_SATIP $CUSTOM_ARGS"
    #  TVHEADEND_ARG="-B -u root -g video -c $ADDON_HOME $AVM_SATIP $CUSTOM_ARGS"
    fi

only the version without any access control at all, will allow me to access tvheadend

Any ideas on what could be the problem?

• Any ideas on what could be the problem?

don't know exactly, but in my TvHeadend HTSP Client (see: Setting => Add-ons => my add-ons => PVR client) the IP is set to 127.0.0.1, ports are default (9981 and 9982) and NO user and NO user passwd

• don't know exactly, but in my TvHeadend HTSP Client (see: Setting => Add-ons => my add-ons => PVR client) the IP is set to 127.0.0.1, ports are default (9981 and 9982) and NO user and NO user passwd

Thanks - I have exactly the same settings, and I have no problem in accessing tvheadend trough LibreELEC.

The problem is that remote browser access is no longer working/permitted, so I cant program my recordings, change settings and so on - using tvheadends native web interface on port 9981 anymore.

I wonder if this is a deliberate choice, due to safety considerations or something :?:

• Mine sometimes logs in sometimes, I have to try several times.

On my backend, setup via the kodi interface. I have the ip address of the backend. ie 192.168.0.23 I set a user & password there.

try reinstalling the server, perhaps trying what I did using the server ip. then open a webpage with that ip & port of 9981

then follow the wizard

• I set a user & password there...

Ohh bummer! It turned out to be my own fault after all :blush:

Checking the username I spotted that I had limited the ip range allowed to access tvheadend - but I have completely redesigned my network since then. It is a couple a weeks ago, so in my head I did not connect that to my problem.

Thanks for making my recheck my settings :thumbup: