No output on secondary screen

• Hi I just installed Libreelec on a laptop and I'm not getting an output on my TV screen. It doesn't list the TV as an output at all on the settings. I have ruled out a dead cable and dead HDMI ports because I'm getting an output from the laptop if I use another distro like mint. Not sure what to do here, not a Linux expert either. Anyone's help is appreciated

Thanks

• Most laptops have a hardware keyboard combination to activate a secondary screen with/instead of the primary screen.

On a x86-64 machine, try to get the output of the 'xrandr' command in a terminal connection session when the 2nd monitor/TV is connected.

• Most laptops have a hardware keyboard combination to activate a secondary screen with/instead of the primary screen.

On a x86-64 machine, try to get the output of the 'xrandr' command in a terminal connection session when the 2nd monitor/TV is connected.

This is the output

• This is the output

One other thing... Kodi only supports 'clone mode', which means it only does two monitors with identical resolutions.

Since your laptop "only" has a 1366x768 screen, you will be either seeing Kodi on the laptop screen or the 1080p screen/tv.

You could try forcing a 1280x720 resolution, that should work on both output. The display rate is (almost) similar.

• One other thing... Kodi only supports 'clone mode', which means it only does two monitors with identical resolutions.

Since your laptop "only" has a 1366x768 screen, you will be either seeing Kodi on the laptop screen or the 1080p screen/tv.

You could try forcing a 1280x720 resolution, that should work on both output. The display rate is (almost) similar.

I fixed all problems using this post (although didn't have to create an autostart script because it started detecting the display on a reboot don't know how or why it fixed itself. Quite frankly I don't know how to create an autostart script either so I'm glad ) problem second monitor. I also had another problem where it would get stuck at start screen failing to load xorg and I used the fix from this post [SOLVED] Failed to start Xorg Server help Don't know if this worked, seems like it did, only time will tell.