ASUS H170i PLUS D3 Bluetooth Problem

• Hi All,

I switched from Windows to LibreELEC and I love it so far. Runs smooth and fast and Hyperion and Tvheadend is just... I love it!

The only thing I can't get to fly is Bluetooth.

When I tested LE installed on a USB stick Bluetooth worked and I could see devices. However, with the final installation LE show BT as not activated although it is.

Switching off and on doesn't help - "No Bluetooth Adapter found"

So it is a little confusing. But it seems not to rely on missing drivers. BIOS settings are Okay as well - BT is active.

H170I-PLUS D3 | Mainboards | ASUS Deutschland

I'm not very much experienced in Linux (try to catch up here), but I constantly saw people providing following information:

dmesg

http://ix.io/2854

-> there is no indication to Bluetooth

lsmod

http://ix.io/2855

In the RPi threads they're talking about the Bluetooth Audio Device Changer and that it was related to that. I installed, activated and deactivated it, but it didn't help.

So I was hoping someone here is more experienced and could give me a kind hint and help.

Thank you!

• BT on/off in the settings add-on only determines if the userspace tools are started on boot, it makes no difference to hardware detection which is all about the kernel. Same for the Kodi audi-changer. No hardware is detected.

• Thanks chewitt

So I will go and check, if I could get this driver into the kernel.

EDIT

...Google was my friend and with lspci I was able to find out what Wifi / Bluetooth chip is installed.

-> Qualcomm Atheros QCA6174 802.11ac Wireless Network Adapter [168c:003e] (rev 32)

Some more google brought me to following, which proves btw that I am not crazy ^^:

Linux: Atheros QCA6174′s Bluetooth disappearing after reboot

So it is indeed confusing. After switching off the HTPC, unplugging the power cord and network cable for 5 seconds, the bluetooth card is back again.

Now I can enjoy some flawless entertainment on my sofa wearing my new LibreELEC hoodie.

Thank you for your support! I look forward to be active in this forum.

Edited once, last by Bub4 (January 24, 2020 at 9:58 PM).