LibreELEC on RPI4 - I can hear it, but no video

• I loaded Libreelec 9.2.0 on my Raspberry PI 4 4GB and connected hdmi 0 to my Yamaha AV receiver. An Optoma projector is connected to the avr, but the receiver is searching for a video signal all the time, but I can hear the Kodi menu. The problem is the same with raspbian and I tried various options like hdmi safe=1, ignore edid, etc., but it didn't help.

The cable is working fine, because when I connect it to my LG monitor I have no problems at all.

The only thing which helped a little was disabling dtoverlay=vc4-fkms-v3d, then raspbian did work, but Kodi didn't and Libreelec at least showed the splash screen.

Please help!

• I had a similar problem with my Pi4 and a BenQ projector. The projector would only recognize the Pi when it was already running before the Pi booted.

So, try to turn on the projector first, wait a few seconds, then boot the Pi.

If that works, generate an edit.dat file:

Code
    tvservice -d /flash/edid.dat

and put hdmi_edid_file=1 in your config.txt.

That way the projector recognizes the already running Pi, in my case.

• Thanks for the hints!

I already tried almost everything except for the custom edid file.

Turning on the projector first and then the avr and at last the raspi didn't help either.

But the funny thing is that I tried following commands and now it's working:

Raspi-Kodi:~ # tvservice -s

state 0xa [HDMI CUSTOM RGB lim 16:9], 1920x1080 @ 50.00Hz, progressive

Raspi-Kodi:~ # tvservice -p

Powering on HDMI with preferred settings

Sadly I don't know why and have to go for now. But I keep on trying :)

• I tried these parameters, but it didn't help:

gpu_mem=320

force_turbo-0

hdmi_ignore_edid=0xa5000080

# I have no idea what 0xa5000080 means

disable_overscan=1

framebuffer_width=1920

framebuffer_height=1080

hdmi_force_hotplug=1

hdmi_group=1

hdmi_mode=16

hdmi_ignore_cec=1

dtparam=audio=on

dtoverlay=vc4-fkms-v3d

max_framebuffers=2

Also tried the other mode with 50hz, but screen still stayed black.

Have removed almost everything and put tvservice -p im autostart.sh and it keeps working at 1080p.