Optimising video on RPi4

• Hi there, I just purchased a Raspberry Pi 4 Model B (2GB). I have installed LibreELEC 9.2 on it, and it is up and running. I would like some advice on getting the best image quality from my video plugins. The ones I am using are Netflix, Kayo Sports, Foxtel Now, and YouTube.

My first question is whether it's possible to run Kodi at 4K at 60hz. According to the RPi 4 spec it is supported, but the max setting I can find in Kodi is 4K at 30hz. I am only using 1 screen/monitor. My current setting is 1920x1080p at 60hz with Adjust display refresh rate set to Always.

I have installed the Netflix 0.16.2 addon from the CastagnaIT Repository. Most of the 1080p streams only run at 24hz, and don't look very good. Is there anything I can do to improve this?

Thanks

• RPi4 runs better at 1080p native resolution with auto-switching to 4k only if required; use the whitelist to map 4k modes that you need for media. it's possible to enable 4k@60p via config.txt if needed, but most real world media (only demo files) will not need this.