[unoffical] LE-9.2/9.80-Images for RK3229/RK3228

• shMatrix try with one of this builds. My experimental build is abandoned for now.

I tried version LibreELEC-RK322x.arm-9.2-devel-20211206125054-c4cb7b6-rk3228a-mxq4kpro.img.gz on my MQX Pro 4k. Everything seemed to work and it goes through the menus pretty smoothly. However, The screen freezes when trying to view HD video through the tvheadend TV client. Any ideas or tweaks I could try?

• I tried version LibreELEC-RK322x.arm-9.2-devel-20211206125054-c4cb7b6-rk3228a-mxq4kpro.img.gz on my MQX Pro 4k. Everything seemed to work and it goes through the menus pretty smoothly. However, The screen freezes when trying to view HD video through the tvheadend TV client. Any ideas or tweaks I could try?

I also have the same problem, maybe the tvheadend client is not the current one, maybe it needs to compile.. (my box is v88 4k 1gb)

• I just installed the previous version, before the 14 day update and tvheadend works perfect and the plugins are the same version......LibreELEC-RK322x.arm-9.2-devel-20211030071512-eda4ed8-rk3229-v884k.img.gz

• ilmich Please have the Chrome addon,? since the one that I was able to install it indicates an error that the browser cannot find, it seems to me that for libreelec it has another configuration, greetings.

• I've discovered some trouble with latest rkmpp(hardware decoding library) builted in my images.

In the next few days, I'll release my latest builds of legacy libreelec (I'm working on mainlining) with some nice improvements on WiFi ssv6051p and other small fixes.

thanks for the patience

• I just installed the previous version, before the 14 day update and tvheadend works perfect and the plugins are the same version......LibreELEC-RK322x.arm-9.2-devel-20211030071512-eda4ed8-rk3229-v884k.img.gz

Thanks for the info. I'll give this version a try.

I've discovered some trouble with latest rkmpp(hardware decoding library) builted in my images.

In the next few days, I'll release my latest builds of legacy libreelec (I'm working on mainlining) with some nice improvements on WiFi ssv6051p and other small fixes.

thanks for the patience

Awesome. I'll keep an eye out. Thanks for your work on this.

• Thanks for the info. I'll give this version a try.

Awesome. I'll keep an eye out. Thanks for your work on this.

here https://drive.google.com/file/d/10h8OmC…iew?usp=sharing

Disney, Netflix only at 720p, on Netflix there is simply freezing when you select 1080p, in the case of Amazon Prime it does not support more than 720p up to 540p I do not know why it does not achieve more resolution, but everything else works fine.

• netflix & others are software decoded... so simply this box is unable to decode resolution > 720p

yes impressed by the stability of 720p great job, although it seems to me that with "amazon vod" addon, it works something strange, after playing a movie and I hit "stop" it just does it but then the kodi / libreelec service restarts as if it would have restarted the device.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Awesome, thanks! Gonna give it a go.

• I just wanted to give some feedback on this last version (20220106). I have a MHQ 4k Pro and I use Kodi for Movie/TV Show playback through a Jellyfin backend and also for Live TV using a TVHeadend backend. Everything seems to be working really well. I was able to run it at the full 4k, however, most video playback was affected (stutter, freezing, etc.) at any resolution above 720p. h265 playback worked well. The only issue I really ran into is with the TVHeadend PVR client. Whenever I "stop" or change the channel from a hi-def OTA channel, Kodi freezes and reboots. I am not sure if this is a Kodi problem, a hardware problem, or a TVHeadend PVR add on problem, so if anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.

-Dave

• Tried this last libreelec-9.2 fork on my MXQ 4K PRO (MXQ_RK3229_EMCP_V3.1) and it works incredibly cool! Thanks for amazing work!

Founded benefits:

- starts and works much faster than any previous build

- even AFR works

- some types of files don't crush while original 18.9 KODI does on RK322x platforms

Founded issues:

- all network interfaces did not work at startup on my model, but after a couple of reboots wired connection started to work, but S9012P wifi still is not initialized, most likely due to the lack of a driver (not problem for me, using only wired LAN)

- AFR sometimes doesn't work correctly, with a quick glance it's not switching to 24 Hz

- closing\stopping some types of files leads to a reboot ( for example after playing this stream, it reloads stably http://rtmp.one.by:2300 )

Ready to provide any logs if needed.

Edited 2 times, last by shMatrix (January 8, 2022 at 10:07 PM).

• thanks Dave, seems a bug of rkmpp.

I can try to fix, but can you please tell me which image are you using in order to rebuild only that one for testing?!

cheers