[unoffical] LE-9.2/9.80-Images for RK3229/RK3228

• Well, you have loaded a Libreelec image, so you get Kodi. If you want to distinguish between Libreelec and Kodi:

- Kodi is a very good multimedia open platform, with easy to install so called addons, which are like interfaces to various services in the internet (e.g. Netflix has own addon, there is another one for Disney Plus, or if you are in UK - you may use Kodi to access BBC content). There are video addons, but also music addons, so you may listen to internet radio or watch internet TV or watch a movie, YouTube clip or any video program from vast internet resources. Condition: there must be an addon which kind of fetches content from Internet into Kodi.

- Libreelec is a minimal version of Linux, which needs to be tailored specifically for the hardware platform you have, and Kodi inside. Minimal means, that any Linux elements which one would normally have, are not present here - it has been cut down to the bare bones, which are needed to run Kodi. So, while Libreelec may run on various hardware platforms, it is expected that Kodi will run identically on all of them. Thus, first Libreelec loads, you see its logo - and then Kodi starts.

It is amazing to observe, how useful those cheap Chinese boxes when you install this Libreelec - it really opens a huge gateway to various resources in the Internet. Big kudos to guys who port this Libreelec onto various platforms - for free. Both Kodi and Libreelec are open and free projects.

Sorry if I repeat something obvious, but thought it might be useful. Please have a look at https://libreelec.tv/ for more information.

• Hi all

After some tryouts I get this one to work with multitool, LibreELEC-RK322x.arm-10.0-nightly-20230925-65bd849-rk322x

and installed it intern and it boots, the most did not, one image did brick the box. Using the magic clock short did renew it.

but it is not that stable, no wifi (I have a sv6256p chip) but remote works.

The kodi itself do not go higher then 1260 x 720, it plays hevc without issues but

I need to set the resolution higher then 1260, and when i do set up subtitles it does not fremember I have to set these

on over and over again. I have install this on a mxq pro 4k rt3229 sv6256p wifi, but believe this cpu is only 32 bit.

Maybe some can advice me of a box who is best to use, with digital out, that is a must because I building a tube out dac.

Is there alsoa image who is stable for this box? And how can I get into the box for updates like the drivers tdb etc.

I am green behind the ears for linux I have to tell.

regards

• I just tested both LibreELEC-RK322x.arm-10.0-nightly-20230925-65bd849-rk322x.img and LibreELEC-RK322X.arm-11.0-nightly-20240218-d7324fb-rk322x.img and they both seem to work fine except that 10.0 doesnt support wifi chip.

ilmich

I wanted to try (again) to install to internal using multitool but it doesnt boot multitool at all (screen is blank, cant remember if I have to do something else) yet your images boot fine. Am I missing something? I thought that multitool boot was "fixed" on my device.

Edited once, last by ochentay4 (February 26, 2024 at 10:50 PM).

• Hi all. I have mxq pro 4k with pictures of board as attached. Its 1giga ram and 8 giga nand. Android 7.1.2, and in recovery shows rk322x-boot recovery. the remote is broken so I can only use keyboard usb attached to it. I also dont have a functioning card reader for sdcard, so usb drive only.

Display Spoiler

I tried several build from these posts : RK322x.arm-9.2-devel, these post : LE 11
    I also tried LEarm10, but I forget the link and cant find it on my history browser, and I also tried amlogic generic its amlogic but to point out that I also tried that build.

so basically I tried
    LibreELEC-MXQ-4K-Pro_2G.arm-9.2.8.img
    LibreELEC-RK322X.arm-11.0-nightly-20240218-d7324fb-rk322x.img
    LibreELEC-RK322x.arm-9.2-devel-20200427213119-b7186bc-rk3228a-mxq4kpro.img

Burn those img to flash drive (also tried about 5 different usb drive brand) and tried to boot using >> toothpick method (1s,2s,3s,4s,xxs), recovery method enable ADB and issue adb reboot update command

None of the media boot as inteded. it just boot to recovery android rkxx (pictures attached).

Display Spoiler

so my question is.
    1.My mxq pro 4k is rockchip rk2xxx chipset right ?
    2.What is the correct way booting the LE for the first time on that box ? may be one of you have the exact same board as me.
    3.I dont really need wifi, ethernet will do just fine to stream videos. What is the most stable version of LE for it ?

Thank you

Edited once, last by mxlibre (February 29, 2024 at 6:40 AM).