RK3318 Support (and H96 max dtb files!)

• Hello,

Is it already possible to run LE (or ANY linux) on 3318 boxes right now? As far as I know it is a cut-down version of the RK3328 chipset.

I have tried running the generic 3328 build without success. The device does not even show a picture when booting from SD. Replacing the dtb files did sadly not help, but if anyone wants to use them, I have uploaded them here: H96 MAX RK3318 2GB DTB files

I will also ask them for the kernel source, but most likely they will violate the GPL and not deliver it (as many chinese companies do).

Greetings,

cl0rm

• "it's similar" or "it's a cut down version of" means "it's different" and thus images are not likely to work without explicit changes for that chipset, and now that we dropped support for the Rockchip 4.4 kernel and moved Rockchip support to mainline Linux 5.4/5.5 kernels device tree files for the 4.4 kernel are even less likely to get an output/result than before.

• I have a rockchip rk3318 and I would like to be able to install Libreelec.
    Otherwise this tvbox does not work for me.

Would it be possible?.
    Any info on how to create functional dtb for rk3318?.

• Creating a functional dtb will be trivial once someone writes a functional kernel for RK3318. The horse needs to come before the cart.

Hello Chewitt.
    Kernel is already functional as I teach you in this post. DTB also seems to work very well, but lack of BT.

Thank you for your great work.

Flecky
    November 26, 2021 at 8:49 PM