Howto LibrELEC / Kodi to follow symlinks from a Sambashare / Howto delete Added Samba Folders in Kodi?

• I have created at my homeserver symlinks from lots of movie files from diferent harddrives into one folder.

this folder i have share by samba, from my linux computer i can use the symlinks to play the videos.

i have add this share into kodi, i see all the files, but they have 0 byte size and i can not play them.

what have i todo to play the videos from the symlinks?

how can i remove or edit a samba share they i have added into kodi?

i try google for both problems but i found nothing that can help me

i hope here are some dudes they can help me with these two problemes

Edited once, last by dennis44 (December 29, 2019 at 8:05 PM).

• "At my home server"... Why would a file server need symlinks in the first place?

Kodi prefers straightforward folder shares via SMB or NFS

Sources in Kodi can be removed via the "Videos -> Files" section using the context menu.

• it is easyer to symlink files from 8 harddrives into one folder and share this folder by samba, so i do not must share 8 folder.

and all files from all 8 harddisks are into one single folder, that is much easyer so.

at my linux computer it does work fine, i see all files and i can play them.

what have i todo at kodi to play them too?

what is the name in video > files at the context menu to remove added samba shares?

• Kodi does not follow symlinks so it may work from a desktop OS with another player app, but it will not work with Kodi. So your choices are:

a) Change your symlink scheme to a more conventional arrangement with movies in folders (can be subfolders of a single 'movies' share)

b) Use a different OS with different player app that can follow your scheme

c) Submit code to Kodi so that it gains the ability to follow symlinks