Help 4 Movies washout on Generic Libreelec

• hastebin

I appreciate any suugestions to resolve the issue of 4k play back washout as I am not sure if the issue is due to incorrect kodi settings or Kodi is not able to 4k movies or nor what could be the underlining issue. I posted a log of the most resent 4k playback if this will reveal the cause, also my system info.

-----------------

DxDiag.txt

• Your non-debug Kodi log doesn't show much, but since the media is 2160p ~ if it's an HDR file Kodi does not currently support HDR so the colours will appear muted and washed out. Solution is to see if the original disc has a non-HDR version on the disk and re-rip.

• Your non-debug Kodi log doesn't show much, but since the media is 2160p ~ if it's an HDR file Kodi does not currently support HDR so the colours will appear muted and washed out. Solution is to see if the original disc has a non-HDR version on the disk and re-rip.

chewitt, Thanks for geyour response, since I have been experincing this issue I further digged into this washout issue it became apprent that the cuurent Kodi stable doesn't suopport 2160p. Hence thanks for the clarification, however, is there a plan to add this feature or 2160p in the next kodi build.

Here is the link from Kodi on issue relating to 18.5 Kodi stable unable to play HDR

4k really washed out, 1080p fine

Thanks

Edited once, last by e123enitan (December 28, 2019 at 7:59 PM).

• Kodi supports 2160p without any issues. It doesn't support HDR. They are related (HDR is only used on 2160p media) but different things. HDR support is "work in progress" and may (or may not) be in K19 as the schedule for K19 was changed to bring forwards the introduction of Python3 changes to the Kodi ecosystem.

• Hi I just tested Kodi 19 latest Generic nightly built it appear that it still not supporting 4k HDR as the video somewhat washed out. Please can you confirm this to be true.

Thanks