OSD won't go away after starting playback

• (Copied from my post on the KODI forum with no replies.)

I first posted about this issue on my in-laws' Chromebox running LibreElec back in July.

"Playing" OSD won't go away

Time to visit for Christmas, and time for tech support.

I thought it might be a Confluence issue, but when it started happening again yesterday, I downloaded another skin (the AppleTV clone) and it still happened. (Which was worse, because that OSD covers the entire bottom of the screen.)

It's intermittent. At first it wouldn't do it when I turned on debugging. Frustrating. I finally got it to replicate the issue this morning with debugging on.

The log is long and I think it covers times when it happened and when it didn't.

I know the only time Waco episode 1 was played, the Now Playing timer/time remaining stayed in the upper right corner as long as it was playing.

hastebin

For reference, this log should be after a reboot when I couldn't get it to do it while debugging was on

hastebin

Other issues occurring randomly, the "working" display staying in the bottom right corner after playback starts.

It's frustrating because we live 8 hours away and our home box is the same hardware and software, with no issues.

Sorry for any typos or confusion. Relying on my phone here. Thanks

• Starting Kodi (16.1 Git:c327c53)

Any particular reason you are still on Kodi Jarvis?

It's possible that running multiple skins can cause conflicting parameter values in the same settings file.

Try renaming/deleting the guisettings.xml file, and restart LibreELEC.

You probably need to re-set some of the GUI values.

• Still using Jarvis because upgrading caused them to be unable to access their SAMBA shares on their Windows PC.

This happened before any other skins were installed. I only installed the second skin to test and see if it was a skin specific issue.

Thanks.

• SMB access has nothing to do with skins. It has everything to do with the Kodi SMB client defaulting to SMB2 which will not be compatible with shares that only use SMB1 (e.g. a USB disk plugged into a router that runs an ancient version of samba) .. but this is very easily fixed by setting the Kodi SMB client to min/max SMB1 in the Kodi settings GUI and then rebooting.