Installtointernal on Tanix TX3 Mini H 2gb/16gb s905w partitions missing

• Hi!

I'm booting CoreELEC from sd card on this box. I hope I can get some help on this forum cause both OS's are very much the same.

So, CoreELEC is working nicely from sd card using gxl_p281_2g.dtb. But when i start installtointernal through ssh i get this error:

Code
    CoreELEC:~ # installtointernal
    One of BOOT, SYTEM, DATA or DTB partitions is missing.
    Make sure that you are using a correct device tree and a device with internal memory!

Not all devices are compatible with installtointernal due to unsupported NAND/eMMC
    chips being used by some manufacturers.

blkid gives me this

Code
    CoreELEC:~ # blkid
    /dev/loop0: TYPE="squashfs"
    /dev/mmcblk0: PTUUID="04f4c3d9" PTTYPE="dos"
    /dev/mmcblk0p1: SEC_TYPE="msdos" LABEL_FATBOOT="COREELEC" LABEL="COREELEC" UUID="2911-4327" TYPE="vfat" PARTUUID="04f4c3d9-01"
    /dev/mmcblk0p2: LABEL="STORAGE" UUID="efc403a6-5657-4842-a54f-b5ae9afa42ad" TYPE="ext4" PARTUUID="04f4c3d9-02"

If I understand correctly CoreELEC doesn't see internal memory of the box and that's why installtointernal doesn't work. gxl_p281_2g.dtb is a right dtb for this box but when I decompile CoreELEC one and the original one to .dts there are some differences (seen in Meld), especially in partitions section. I tried to switch original dtb with CoreELEC one but it wont boot. Does someone know how to make a new dtb from the original one that is specific to my device but to work with CoreELEC. I'll attach both .dts in .txt format.

dtsce.txt    dtsoriginal.txt

• Actually the 2 projects are not as close as they used to be in some areas... CE and how its messing around with the U-boot env are not the same as LE and some others... and as far as dtb's go its best to use the ones that go with the OS as different builds are not always using the the same Kernel's...

As chewitt suggested its probably best to bug the CE guys...

• Yeah, devs wont help when it comes to installtointernal.

You have to understand why.

installtointernal needs support to recognize the internal RAM - it´s impossible to do this on every box on the market

There is no big advantage running LE/CE from internal RAM,

if You are using a good/fast SD card .

I checked it up on my Odroid N2

Running on EMMC and running from fast SD card I can´t see ab big difference.

All my S905X/S912 boxes are running perfect using SD card and I never had issues after updates.

That´s another story, many people bricked the box trying updates running on internal memory