9.2.0 on RPi 4: Audio glitch on broken DVB-T2 recording

• Hi folks,

sorry for lots of posts now - I have replaced my Le Potato by Raspberry Pi 4 recently and have several issues, which I think make sense to put into seperate threads. This one: I record TV shows from DVB-T2 using WinTV dualHD USB stick. It happens that I get data errors (I currently suspect high load issues that also cause the UI freeze reported earlier). When I then playback and the data error is encountered, image is shortly distorted, but recovers. However, audio is then off by a few seconds to the video. Sometimes (but not always) playback changes speed and image and audio get back in sync (after several seconds), but more often the offset remains.

I can provide example video on demand.

Cheers

Hauke

• I uploaded an example for a broken video file here:

MEGA

[Edit: removed file - please PM me if someone is going to pick up the issue]

Go to 7:19 and let it play. At around 7:20 the glitch happens, and after that audio timing is off. When you start playing directly at, say, 7:25, everything is OK. Other players tested (CoreELEC on Le Potato, VLC on Windows) get over the data error with grace - a short interruption, and then video and audio continue just fine.

Would be happy if someone could confirm (or better: fix :)) the problem.

I will not have the file online for too long, since I suppose I may violate copyright (although the same show is freely available via ZDF mediathek...)

Thanks for taking care!

Hauke

Edited once, last by Hauke (February 5, 2020 at 9:51 PM).