NFR - TVHeadend reset admin inside addon settings

• Hi there,

I've setup TVH long time ago and never had to open it's config again for more than 5 months.

I wrote down the username/password on a notebook (paper) but since in the meantime I moved to a new place I now can't find the notebook and I need to reconfigure TVH for my new cable provider.

I believe there's a way to blow up with TVH's config by issuing tvheadend -C after killing it but I would hate to loose all my other settings.

So, I am here for a New Feature Request: create a TVH addon setting that allows to edit username/password for admin account.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

• Just delete password file and you got your settings without password. Can't remember path but I can find it in a min 😉

edit:

There are 2 folders in .kodi/userdata/service.tvheadend42 folder.

accesscontrol where you find users and folder passwd where passwords are stored for them.

Remember I messed something once and after deleting password for my account I could get in without login.

• Hi Borygo77

Thanks for the headsup.

Thankfully, my wife called me during the morning telling me she just found the notebook in a box from the move. With my notebook back I have my passwords back too.

But thanks for your help.

Yet, I still think that LibreELEC being an appliance, there should be a button in the interface to reset all the configuration from TVH and another one just to reset the passwords. Otherwise people who are, say, less knowledgeable will think the only way is formatting the SD card and starting all over again from scratch.

So, my NFR still stands.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers