Posts by john3voltas

Howdy.

I've been trialing a setup with a RPi3 B+ running on LibreELEC 9.2 and a USB DVB-T stick.

It's going ok. I feel this setup still has some rough edges to be worked on.

The thing that I find most annoying is that I can't zap (quickly change channels) by simply using the ^ / V (up/down) keys.

Everywhere I look on the internet it says that I can use the up/down arrow keys to change channels but I can't do that with my setup.

Mind you that I am not using a regular keyboard. I am using a TV remote using HDMI-CEC (LG's implementation called 'Simplink'). Nevertheless, I have also tried Yatse's (Android Kodi Remote app) and it's up/down arrow keys are also not changing channels

The up/down keys of the remote work just fine on Kodi's menus but when I'm watching Live TV with Kodi, pressing either up/down will simply display a OSD with the synopsis of the tv show I am currently watching.

Can someone tell me how I can workaround this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

This weekend I ran some tests with my rig and the regular TV box is doing the exact same thing on that HDMI port (HDMI2) that the RPi is usually connected to.

On the other end, the RPi works just fine when connected to the TV box HDMI port (HDMI1).

So, sorry for bothering you but it must be something with that particular HDMI port of the TV set...

But thanks anyways.

Cheers

Not exactly sure when I started noticing this but it's definitely been bugging me for quite some time already.

Currently running LE9.2 on a RPi3 3B+. When I'm browsing Kodi's interface, I don't notice the issue, but when watching movies/tv shows I can definitely notice an issue with the image colors. It's as if the colors were a bit washed out or solarized.

On movies, even top/bottom black borders look weird, as if they were less black as they should.

For instance these are the encoding settings of the latest contents I've been watching: AVC [email protected].

Any ideas on why this is happening and how to workaround the issue?

Cheers

Hi Borygo77

Thanks for the headsup.

Thankfully, my wife called me during the morning telling me she just found the notebook in a box from the move. With my notebook back I have my passwords back too.

But thanks for your help.

Yet, I still think that LibreELEC being an appliance, there should be a button in the interface to reset all the configuration from TVH and another one just to reset the passwords. Otherwise people who are, say, less knowledgeable will think the only way is formatting the SD card and starting all over again from scratch.

So, my NFR still stands.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Hi there,

I've setup TVH long time ago and never had to open it's config again for more than 5 months.

I wrote down the username/password on a notebook (paper) but since in the meantime I moved to a new place I now can't find the notebook and I need to reconfigure TVH for my new cable provider.

I believe there's a way to blow up with TVH's config by issuing tvheadend -C after killing it but I would hate to loose all my other settings.

So, I am here for a New Feature Request: create a TVH addon setting that allows to edit username/password for admin account.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers