Unofficial LE for RK356x RK3328\RK3399 RK3588(s)

• I don't recommend it TV box. rk3399 is a powerful chip with unique capabilities that competitors do not have (NVMe). To fully realize its power, it will also be necessary to redo the cooling system. Therefore, it makes no sense to spend money on TV box, watch SbS rk3328\rk3399 better. If you definitely need a TV box, it's better to look at the Allwinner H6 (not H616) models.

good day! as a result, I have rikomagic mk39 with rk3399, I still want to install LE.

I installed this version of LibreELEC-RK3399.arm-10.0.1-rock960.img.gz from https://libreelec.tv/downloads/rockchip/, but at least wifi and Lan did not start. But as I understood, it is necessary to replace DTB and register it in /extlinux/extlinux.conf. Right?

1. And if you install your assembly, which one is better to install? For me, it's a dark forest.

2. Is it possible to extract DTB from android in this way https://github.com/PabloCastellano/extract-dtb ?

3. And the question is, if LE gets up normally, can it be installed into internal memory like on amlogic using "installtointernal"?

In principle, I'm not going to use Android, I only need LE. Kodi in LE will work faster than Kodi on Android (despite the fact that Kodi on android is higher than 19.0, I can’t install it)

----------------------------------

добрый день! в итоге у меня rikomagic mk39 с rk3399, хочу все таки LE поставить.

Поставил с https://libreelec.tv/downloads/rockchip/, данную версию LibreELEC-RK3399.arm-10.0.1-rock960.img.gz, но не завелся как минимум wifi и Lan. Но как понял надо подменять DTB и прописывать его в /extlinux/extlinux.conf. Верно?

1. А если ставить Вашу сборку, то какую лучше установить? для меня это темный лес)))

2. Можно ли извлечь из android-a DTB Данным способом https://github.com/PabloCastellano/extract-dtb ?

3. И вопрос, если LE нормально встанет, можно ли его установить во внутреннюю память как на amlogic с помощью "installtointernal"?

Android-ом пользоваться в принципе не собираюсь, нужен только LE. Kodi в LE будет же быстрее работать, чем Kodi на Android (при то что Kodi на android выше 19.0, у меня не ставиться)

• No, this is for the old 4.4 kernel, in my builds the 5.x kernel

Ver 20220218 kernel 5.16.9

Is it possible to take a DTS file extracted from an Android TV box running kernel 4.4, and convert the file to 5.x or use it to update one of the existing 5.x files?

Also, are your old 4.4 builds still available? The yandex link is dead.

Edited 2 times, last by case (February 19, 2022 at 3:25 PM).

• that is, there is no way to install libreelec?

I do not have such equipment, I do not know what is needed for it.

Is it possible to take a DTS file extracted from an Android TV box running kernel 4.4, and convert the file to 5.x or use it to update one of the existing 5.x files?

direct use of DTB from core 4 on core 5 is not possible, substantial work is needed to convert it and change it to the core 5 format.

Ver 20220311 kernel 5.16.12

• Two new versions with the 5.17 kernel.

20220331 uses the old u-boot-2021.07.

version 20220401 uses the new u-boot-2022.04. The version with the new u-boot-2022 has the ability to select the system on the screen. ie, you can use multiple systems on the same media.

• Good news. The first alpha version of the LibreELEC image for Station P2\M2 (rk356x) is available. I pay attention. To start, you need to use a USB media with LE and a USB-enabled bootloader (for example, an SD card with an Armbian version or an Armbian version installed in eMMC).

20220404-rk356x
    Посмотреть и скачать с Яндекс.Диска
    disk.yandex.ru
  • the new u-boot-2022 has the ability to select the system on the screen. ie, you can use multiple systems on the same media.

Doesn't boot on my station M1 (RK3328-roc-pc image). Do I have to do something special regarding u-boot? I only burned to image to sd-card. I get "no signal" on my screen and there is a red end blue light burning together.

• Doesn't boot on my station M1 (RK3328-roc-pc image). Do I have to do something special regarding u-boot? I only burned to image to sd-card. I get "no signal" on my screen and there is a red end blue light burning together.

Which system is in eMMC ? Try to pull out the SD card and re-insert it, I regularly observe strange glitches when the SD card does not work when first installed in the card reader and you need to turn off the power, pull out the SD card and re-insert it and turn on the power. If it doesn't work. How did you record the LE image ? If the SD card was previously used for other systems, it needs to be completely cleaned and recorded.

New version 20220406 for Station M2\P2 and Quartz64a (rk356x) with 5.18-rc1 kernel.

On Station M2\P2 models, nothing needs to be changed in the settings, everything works with the default settings.

For HW to work on Quartz64, it is necessary to switch the rendering mode from DRM prime to EGL in the media player settings. I pay attention while the screen resolution is only 1080p, and decoding works well with video up to and including 1440p.

• balbes150

Station OS is on the emmc. Yes I used the sd-card for other images (r-cade).

I tried different methods, inserting the sd-card whit power (in station OS), pulling the power and boot directly from sd,...

I burned with usbimager on linux. I will clean the sd-card or use a new one and try again.

• Yes I used the sd-card for other images (r-cade).

all other systems create their own data on the map, which interfere with the operation of LE.

I burned with usbimager on linux. I will clean the sd-card or use a new one and try again.

use only the recommended program (it is in the WiKi on the official Firefly website) to burn the image to the SD card. This is a common problem, incorrect operation of the recording program. there is information about this on the official forum * see the topic about M1).

• Doesn't boot on my station M1 (RK3328-roc-pc image). Do I have to do something special regarding u-boot? I only burned to image to sd-card. I get "no signal" on my screen and there is a red end blue light burning together.

I have reloaded the images on the site, try the latest version. There may have been an error when sending files.

• Ver 20220407 kernel 5.17.1 for rk3399\rk3328

Fix Wifi for Station M1 (rk3328)

Fix Wifi and BT for Station P1 (rk3399)

Fix u-boot-2022 for NanoPC T4 and Firefly-rk3399

• New version 20220415 for RK356X.

Station M2 | P2

Quartz64a

An important change, u-boot has been added to the images, this allows you to run LE as usual, without additional systems, directly from an SD card or eMMC. The launch from USB media is also saved, and any systems can be started from USB.

That is, to launch LE, it is enough to download, unpack and burn the LE image to a media, connect it to the device and turn on the power.