Fan SHIM with HifiBerry

• Hi there,

I have a Fan SHIM and a HifiBerry, but I want to use them together. They both use BCM18. So you would think it is possible, if the fan wasn't depending on a script to turn automatic on and off by the CPU temperature. The Fan is using this BCM18 for its fan control with this script. But without this script they work together, but the fan will always spin.
    So my question is: Is it possible to disable this script that is started with autostart.sh when playing a movie or music. And enable it again when this media is stopped playing?

Thanks a lot!

• If you can find out which gpio pin is not used by hifiberry then it *might* be possible to change service.py in the addon to use that free pin.

jane_t might be able to confirm if that is possible. (Might be a future release - config - choose pin used)

Otherwise you'll probably need to use a script : probably using Kodi built in fucntions.

• @lridium changing the GPIO pins in the script is not an option.
    But there is a way to go Irusak's option. I have a GPIO extend board. So my idea is to attach a jumper cable to pin 32 (BCM12) to pin input 12 (BCM18).

So I have to figure out which config file is used by the HifiBerry. Or am I wrong?

• I think both device are "physically" connected to use BCM18. I tried changing the code on the fanshim without success. It might be worth posting a question on the Pimoroni Forum as I'm sure it's in their interest to have the fanshim compatible with other devices (Hifiberry etc.)

I have no idea what would happen if you start to connect 2 GPIO pins together. Try at your own expense!

• I will try that. The pity is that the Pi 4 must be cooled. Even in standby it is gets pretty hot.
    When I disable the script they both work tough, but the fan stays spinning.
    But I go to figure this out with some jumper cables and change the position of the fan to the other site of the Pi with some modifications