status of "Bluetooth Audio Device Changer" addon

• Questions:

• Has any progress been made in debugging the Bluetooth Audio Device Changer addon for LE 9.0+?
    • What work remains to fix the addon? I want to take a stab at fixing it.

Background:

Since LibreELEC 9.0 it seems that the Bluetooth Audio Device Changer addon has caused LE to be unstable. This thread from earlier this year shows I am not alone experiencing this.

Whenever I have the addon enabled and connect my Bluetooth headphones, LE freezes. I am using Raspberry Pi 3 with a fresh install of LE 9.1.002.

I realize there are other addons than can achieve similar behavior with some effort, but this one ships with LE and seems to be the easiest to set up out of the box. I wish to get it working again.

• I'm using this on a RPi4 with LibreELEC 9.2 final. It works sometimes -- but usually doesn't work.

What's really strange is that when the Bluetooth device is turned on, the audio device is actually changed to the Pulse Bluetooth setting. In Kodi Settings / System / Audio it shows as Bluetooth audio. But the actual sound stays on the HDMI-connected device (stereo receiver, in my case) and doesn't switch to the Bluetooth speaker.

Any ideas??