[RPi3] RPi Tools (virtual.rpi-tools) add-on update request.

• Hi community,

System:

RPi3B

LibreELEC 8.2.5

virtual.rpi-tools 8.2.104 add-on.

Recently I bought a pimoroni fanshim and needed fan handler add-on since pin 12 is active all the time by default. The Pimoroni Team do deliver python module to handle the device but unfortunately RPi.GPIO v >= 0.7.0 is not satisfied on my system. I've tried to update the add-on but the highest is v 8.2.104 is what I've been getting from the official LibreELEC repo. This is no good to me since RPi.GPIO python module packaged is at 0.6.2. Hence my request to bump up GPIO to the latest version (0.7.0 at the moment I believe) and update virtual.rpi-tools altogether.

TY in advance.

malick

• Hi Iridium,

Yes, I'm familiar with the above mentioned post. Still, the fan-shim add-on requires GPIO version to be at 0.7.0
    Can't install properly due to dependency not satisfied. That is my issue really, so I thought resolution would be to address this on the basic level, meaning updating RPi Tools.

thx

malick

• I manged to address this locally with lrusak's help initially (big TY Lucas), then compiling the module on my own so I have a workaround in place. I was thinking about wider user group not inclined to upgrade to Leia immediately due to 3rd party add-ons on their systems, potentially broken due to upgrade. It was Lucas, actually suggesting me posting this request on the forum. Since jane-t (author of the fan-shim add-on) put

"

<requires>

<import addon="virtual.rpi-tools" version="9.1.901.106"/>

"

on her addon.xml, this presents an issue to LibreELEC 8.2.5 users.

Do you not support 8.2.5 any more? My understanding is RPi Tools is an add-on, not part of LibreELEC release.

How intensive would it be to recompile the add-on (bumping up GPIO version) to be backwards compatible with 8.2.5?

Lastly, I'm not expecting promises. I've posted a update request not only for myself but on behalf of other users as well. I'm not trying to hassle LE Team for negligible update to satisfy my needs. Please consider updating RPi Tools add-on for 8.2.5 users.

Also, a straight answer of Yes or No would do, promises not required.

TY.

malick