Use LibreElec/Kodi as NAS

• Hello,

I would like to use my LibreElec as a NAS.

Im using the latest LibreElec 9.2

Im using a static IP as : 192.168.0.10

I would like to use a USB 3.0 HardDrive to hold and share my videos.

I see the USB Drive is auto mounted as /media/sda1_wd_XYZABCD

I know also the Drive is "AutoShared" from the interface. (I see 192.168.0.10/sda1_wd_XYZABCD)

But, it's not really what I want.

I would like to have it auto mounted as /storage/videos

And I would like to use samba.conf to share "videos" from /storage/videos

So I would access it from everywhere as : 192.168.0.10/videos

This way, using a shared mysql database that hold my kodi library, all my video would be inside smb://192.168.0.10/videos, and all my kodi device would have access to the videos inside my attached usb drive.

That mean, from the "master", I need to configure a video share, using the device IP instead of local path.

How can I achive this ?

Thanks

Edit : I think I've got the solution, but I would like to have an approbation Im not doing something weird or unsupported.

The USB Drive is auto mounted as "/media/sda1_wd_XYZ". I've configured Samba.conf and pointed to /media/sda1_wd_xyz.

So far, it work and locally, I refer to the data to "localIP/share" and it work.

My concern, Im afraid sometime, the name of the mounted drive change to /media/sda2_wd_12345 since im not refering to a UNNID in the fstab or something like that.

Edited once, last by MasterYoda (October 18, 2019 at 7:39 PM).

• It might NOT be the ideal solution... but you could try.

1) Use UPnP to access your drive.

2) Add a symbolic link from /media/sda1_wd_XYZ to /media/videos (Not too sure if it will work, but worth a try)

3) Label your disk as videos instead of _wd_XYZABCD