Cannot upgrade from OE to Libre 7

• I am currently running Openelec 6.0.3 and want to upgrade to Libre 7. I downloaded the .tar Openelec manual Generic build and placed it in my Update share. After I reboot I get a message saying "Found new .tar archive. extracting.... " and then a message stating "missing KERNAL or SYSTEM.... normal startup in 10s". When I look at the Update folder, there is a single file called "SYSTEM" but subsequent reboots just boot straight into Openelec. I tried transferring the file via WinSCP to the .update folder with the same issue. Any ideas what I can do to fix this?

Edited once, last by Xtropy (April 28, 2016 at 1:28 PM).

• I am currently running Openelec 6.0.3 and want to upgrade to Libre 7. I downloaded the .tar Openelec manual Generic build and placed it in my Update share. After I reboot I get a message saying "Found new .tar archive. extracting.... " and then a message stating "missing KERNAL or SYSTEM.... normal startup in 10s".

Open the .tar file on you PC, 7zip can do this, and look what is inside. You forgot to tell which hardware you are using with OpenELEC.

Gerald

• Is it the 'too small system partition' problem?

6.0.3 to 7? I don't think so. Was enlarged before I think.

But he might want to check how much place is left on the /storage partition. Maybe it is not enough to unpack the tar.

Gerald

Edited once, last by gdachs (April 28, 2016 at 3:14 PM).

• 6.0.3 to 7? I don't think so. Was enlarged before I think.

But he might want to check how much place is left on the /storage partition. Maybe it is not enough to unpack the tar.

Gerald

My root partition was 256MB, I increased it to 512MB via Gparted.

The contents for the .tar file are:

LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-7.0.0 _____
    | -> licenses -> numerous TXT files
    | -> target -> SYSTEM

For storage, my Storage partition is 28.4GB with 9.2GB Used and 19.1GB Available

Still having the issue after the system partition was resized to 512. Like I say, the TAR does extract and I see SYSTEM in the Update folder, it just isn't taking.

My system is a MAC Mini 2012 version w/ 8GB of RAM running Openelec from a 32GB USB Key

Thanks

• I just downloaded the LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-7.0.0 tar file.

Check the size (212 029 440 bytes)
    I see 4 files under target :
    - SYSTEM
    - KERNEL
    - SYSTEM.md5
    - KERNEL.MD5

• Very very strange. I downloaded the file at least 5 times this morning and the file only contained the SYSTEM file. I just grabbed it again after your post and all files are there. They were definately missing from the download I got this morning:

Anyway, thanks for the help. Now that all files are there, I was able to upgrade and install normally

Edited once, last by Xtropy (April 28, 2016 at 6:31 PM).