Buffering issues (Rpi3B) with Joyn addon

• Hi guys,

Joyn is constantly producing heavy buffering issues on a plain new installation of Libreelec 9.0.2 - latest addon version. Is this a general problem?

Even at 640p it is more "blue circle watching" that streaming.

• Something's wrong. I tried version 2.4.0 linked in the thread you referenced - no videos play at all any more (several addons). Version 2.4.2 won't even install from zip file.

• So you mean that up- and downgrading the system is necessary to install the newer ISA version while keeping all addons alive? Also, the posting said that buffering issues remained after doing this. Are those issues really gone after downgrading again with the latest libwidevine update?

Thank you very much for your support!

What really makes me wonder is that this isn't THE top issue for the whole community. I tried several more addons using ISA and none of them run without buffering issues, even at 640p. This pretty much renders Libreelec widely useless on any Rpi3, which isn't exactly a brand new device. How can this not be more of, like "point of interest"? :/

• So you mean that up- and downgrading the system is necessary to install the newer ISA version while keeping all addons alive? Also, the posting said that buffering issues remained after doing this. Are those issues really gone after downgrading again with the latest libwidevine update?

The linked post was about the DAZN add-on. It had a buffering issue, which is gone since the latest libwidevine update.

Yes, you have to upgrade / downgrade LE as written in the post. It's necessary to get access to the newer add-on repo, which has the ISA version you need for Joyn.