Adding PVR Recordings as video source not playing from library..

• So I added the recordings folder as video source on LE that is a client to a remote tvheadend server.

When I go to videos....files they play properly

When I scan recordings to library they dont play from library but still play from videos source...

Any known issue?

• I struggled with this for a long time back when I used MythTV as a backend because MythTV uses a weird file naming scheme. When I switched to TvH things got much simpler since the filenames are configurable.

Setup your recording folders in TvH as Samba (or NFS) shares and add those as sources. They will act just like any local video source that way.

I never could figure out exactly how the Kodi PVR recordings abstraction worked as a source and TvH has allowed me to dispense with that nonsense.

• I struggled with this for a long time back when I used MythTV as a backend because MythTV uses a weird file naming scheme. When I switched to TvH things got much simpler since the filenames are configurable.

Setup your recording folders in TvH as Samba (or NFS) shares and add those as sources. They will act just like any local video source that way.

I never could figure out exactly how the Kodi PVR recordings abstraction worked as a source and TvH has allowed me to dispense with that nonsense.

Thanks for your reply..

I think it's a bug..as it works fine on Kodi Windows 10 also v18.4

I don't really mind as it's not that important,as I got recordings sorted in another manner.

I was just playing with that option to see if it works...I don't think I can set up smb that way tough as my server is in a different country(kind of placeshifting)

Anyway I m sorted and can play my recordings from TvHeadend with either Emby,PVR Recordings or I now setup also an FTP connection and added that as video source and working fine too...will keep it as backup if something goes wrong with emby..

Would be a nice option it this gets fixed tough..