Libreelec restore backup doesn't work

• hey
    I just setup Kodi to my needs and created a Libreelec backup.
    Then I reinstalled libreelec to test it, went to System -> Libreelec -> restore backup, chose my file and everything looked fine (no errors).
    Unfortunately after the automatic reboot nothing has changed (absolutely nothing)

Is the backup function currently broken on Libreelec 7.0.2?
    If you need some logs please tell me which one.

Best regards

Edited once, last by horstepipe (October 19, 2016 at 8:12 PM).

• Anything is possible, but we haven't received large numbers of complaints on the Backup/Restore function.

If there is, it's still very unlikely that something like a 7.0.3 release will be done, as just about everyone is focused on Kodi 17 (Krypton), meaning LibreELEC 7.90.007 currently.

A log file is always helpful as Kodi client machine info is added. AFAIK, no log entries are made via the B/R tool.

• The quetion might be if the backupped zip (IIRC it is a zip file) contains something or not and if yes, what does it contain? If it doesn't contain anything then it might be easier to find out where the issue is. If it contains the correct files, then it's not the backup which fails, but then it's the restore.

Would be nice if you could check that, horstepipe.

• The quetion might be if the backupped zip (IIRC it is a zip file) contains something or not and if yes, what does it contain? If it doesn't contain anything then it might be easier to find out where the issue is. If it contains the correct files, then it's not the backup which fails, but then it's the restore.

Would be nice if you could check that, horstepipe.

Sure
    it is a .tar file and it looks like everything is there:
    backup.tar (I renamed it from 20161019.tar or something like this)
    --> storage (folder)
    --> .cache (folder)
    --> .config (folder)
    --> .kodi (folder)

All folders are filled with more files and folders, in .kodi folder everything is on its place (addons, addon_data, settings I created)

Any specific file/folder you are looking for?

• Don't rename the file

you can see here, service.libreelec.settings/system.py at master · LibreELEC/service.libreelec.settings · GitHub

so the filename needs to be 15 characters + the .tar at the end.

sometimes it can be that easy :D

Thanks to all of you for support,
    best regards
    [hr]
    will I run into trouble using this backup for other Raspberries (same model) because of the "machine-id"?

Edited once, last by horstepipe (October 19, 2016 at 11:12 PM).