LibreELEC boots in Safe Mode (kodi.bin crashes with SIGSEGV)

• Hi there,

I need a little help. Since today my LibreELEC 9.0.2 boots into safe mode every time and I don't know why. LibreELEC is running for years on my self build HTPC until today. As you might expect I didn't change anything, but I'm not alone in my house ;)

Any help would be welcome!

Carsh Log: http://ix.io/1ub8

• So... How are incorrect internal memory pointers & segmentation faults exactly causing broken (external) storage devices? It sounds like a big leap to me.

schlucke and me are referencing to this part of the log file:

Code
    Program terminated with signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
    #0  0x0000000000b0d8f0 in CGLTexture::DestroyTextureObject() ()

My interpretation is that a graphical element (CGL texture) of LE can't be loaded. Because it was loaded many times before, I came to the conclusion above.

• This has nothing to do with textures or GUI. If you look at the log you'll see that kodi is crashing because it couldn't load the german language file

Code
    FATAL: SetLanguage: CLangInfo: failed to load resource.language.de_de language information

Search the forums, this has been reported multiple times (sorry, can't remember the workaround/solution right now).

so long,

Hias

• This has nothing to do with textures or GUI. If you look at the log you'll see that kodi is crashing because it couldn't load the german language file

Code
    FATAL: SetLanguage: CLangInfo: failed to load resource.language.de_de language information

Search the forums, this has been reported multiple times (sorry, can't remember the workaround/solution right now).

so long,

Hias

Thanks, that was the essential hint! Didn't find much on the forums, but what I found was enought to fix it ...

• I changed locale.language in guisettings.xml to resource.language.en_gb, after that Kodi comes up without problems in English language
    • Then I navigated to Addons .. Look and feel -> Languages and noticed that German was disabled. I enabled it ...
    • And finally switched the regional settings back to German.

Evarything fine now, but didn't really understand why the german language was disabled in my case...

• I uploaded the logs via the suggested options in that mode here: http://ix.io/1xhr

You are using LE 9.0.2 on RPi. This combo is known to run very stable.

Code
    2019-10-05 20:35:11.438 T:1936855056   ERROR: CProfileManager: error loading special://masterprofile/profiles.xml, Line 0
                                                Failed to open file
    2019-10-05 20:35:11.438 T:1936855056  NOTICE: special://profile/ is mapped to: special://masterprofile/
    2019-10-05 20:35:11.438 T:1936855056   FATAL: unable to load profile

My bet is a broken microSD card. Follow my above advice to check or repair the card.