PCSX ReARMed Pi 3+ performance - or lack thereof

• Kodi is a large and heavy program, and IMO the retroplayer is more a gimmick than anything else. Embedding emulators inside it will never perform as good as standalone.

• If not, is there another way to make analog audio via USB work?

Without dtparam=audio=on you will get a no soundcard detected message when you ssh aplay -l

Also with dtparam=audio=on you will get the old type audio alsa options in kodi audio settings where you choose hdmi vs analog which where removed for some reason with LE9..

I am assuming that while analog audio on rpi is

Code
    card 0: ALSA [bcm2835 ALSA], device 0: bcm2835 ALSA [bcm2835 ALSA]

and hdmi audio is

Code
    card 0: ALSA [bcm2835 ALSA], device 1: bcm2835 IEC958/HDMI [bcm2835 IEC958/HDMI]

there is a big possibility that your device will be listed as card 1 device 0

Code
    card 1: Device [USB PnP Sound], device 0: USB

So in retroarch audio settings-audio device enter

Code
    hw:1,0

and that should output the RA audio to your card

• frankvw

Which games in particular did you try to play? NTSC or PAL games? I'm not that familiar with Retroplayer but it could be possible that NTSC games stutter at 50Hz Kodi refresh rate. Also it could be possible that something is wrong with the addon & pcsx_rearmed wasn't build with NEON support but then it would immediately stutter when you start the core is started and not even intro videos would run smooth.

• frankvw

Which games in particular did you try to play? NTSC or PAL games? I'm not that familiar with Retroplayer but it could be possible that NTSC games stutter at 50Hz Kodi refresh rate. Also it could be possible that something is wrong with the addon & pcsx_rearmed wasn't build with NEON support but then it would immediately stutter when you start the core is started and not even intro videos would run smooth.

The game in particular being tested was Tomb Raider...I gave it a go too myself and was glitchy (skipped frames)not sure how to descibe it..I tried the USA version assuming it is NTSC and did change to NTSC from PCSX addon settings but that didn't change anything....intro video ran fine tough if I remember well..

• The game in particular being tested was Tomb Raider...I gave it a go too myself and was glitchy (skipped frames)not sure how to descibe it..I tried the USA version assuming it is NTSC and did change to NTSC from PCSX addon settings but that didn't change anything....intro video ran fine tough if I remember well..

Was Kodi running at 50 or 60Hz?