RPi 4 - Libreelec hanging on splashscreen official with 7'' Raspberry Pi touchscreen

• Hello fellas,

recently receiver my RPi 4, clean flashed a image of Libreelec for the RPi 4, put it in my pi and hooked up power.

First boot it was formatting and doing some stuff, then after reboot I got stock on the following splashscreen.

I tried multiple different SD cards, Ethernet plugged in and out, removed my usb-receiver for my wireless keyboard, tried different power adapters (currently using the Oneplus 3 dash charger).

I don't understand why it is stuck.

As you can see I'm using the official 7'' Raspberry Pi touchscreen (works perfect with raspbian).

somebody any idea ?

other OSes like raspbian boots and functions perfectly fine.

Thanks in advance,

Cas

• Hey Everybody,

I have exactly the same problem. First i tought it was because of my HiFiBerry MiniAmp or even the pi itself, but Pi 4 + Touchscreen + Any LibreElec RPi 4 image it hangs at this exact spot!

Any insights? Anybody working on this?

Much thanks in advance!

• Same frozen splash for me.

Kodi is running as I can access the chorus web interface through the 8080 port. UI is held up at splash screen.

Can't enable ssh or access the system to check logs until a micro-hdmi arrives in the post.

• Everything Rpi4 is kind of held together with spit, sweat and duct tape at this point. I wouldn't count on stability for a few months yet. But in the meantime I suggest logs, logs, logs.

• I am glad there are others that are fighting this battle along side me.

My primary issue is this, I am not using the RPI touchscreen, i have 3 waveshare units that all work wonderfully. Im able to get LiberELEC working and KODI booted, but im having touchscreen issues, primary, it doesnt work, secondly, if i change anything within the config files, i normally dont get it to boot up again.

so, i think what im fighting at this point is going to be a kernel issue, without libinput drivers being installed. i have gotten this same screen to work with the rpi3 model b and havent had a single issue. It would just be nice to have the rpi4 4gb model i have working.

As for the hanging issues, i would see if removing dtoverlay=vc4-fkms-v3d from the distroconfig would help at all. may have a different effect with the pi touchscreen than the effect im getting from it.