Video playing issues on Orange PI 3 (Allwinner H6) with network streams

• Hi

Thanks to jernej , a lot of progress has been made to make LibreElec work in Orange PI 3. I have just recompiled the almost lastest version from master (commit cfd340b2838cc6a25e64eee1d9a12510a2f472c0), but I have been observing this issue from previous versions.

I usually use LibreElec to stream cable tv from internet. I'm not sure what codec they send, but sometimes, when the play stop to do network buffering, the video gets stuck. The audio keeps playing after doing the network buffering.

I have been tested the same network stream using a Raspberry PI 3, and even when the video stops to do network buffering, the video continues with no problems.

I'm using the same internet, using network cable (not wifi in any case). Also, the network stream is TCP, thats for sure.

I understand that raspberry pi has more work/better support than orange pi, but, I really want to help to find the problem. What switches should I activate to get more info about this issue?

Thanks for reading.

• What switches should I activate to get more info about this issue?

First of all, please tell me which codec is used. You can find this and other information by pressing "o" during playback.

However, much better information can be provided by enabling debug logging in settings and enabling video component logging. This way there will be a ton of log entries, so I suggest you try reproduce issue as quickly as possible and then stop playback. Such log might provide useful clue what's going on. But as you probably already know, everything here is still experimental.