[7.0.3.3d] LibreELEC 7.0 for S805

• kszaq 7.0.1.4 is working. 7.0.1.3 same issue. It's related to kernel changes for cpu you made back there i think.

Please use 7.0.1.4 for the moment. There weren't significant changes in 7.0.2.1/7.0.2.2 to justify an upgrade. I will revert CPU-related changes for the next build.

• kszaq
    Great news.
    Do us testers just wait for Update Zip or do we have to do a fresh install on top of Dev Build already installed.

For people wanting to test 4K H265 Video files and more , I use an addon called Video Test Files which is in
    Mafarricos Repo. Link: Google URL Shortener

So far everything works from test videos i have tried. They all play. (Beware the streams are large and buffering due to the source)

Tested on MiniMX 1GB / 8gb

Sharp Quatron Aquos 70 inch 180p TV

• S905 build goes public

Great news indeed !

There's still an issue with the S805 builds after 7.0.1.4 on the v2.0 boards (at least the one I have available)
    Video playback is very jerky and glitchy. The audio seems to playback normally while the video jumps around.
    The issue does not exist in builds prior to 7.0.2.1

• Do us testers just wait for Update Zip or do we have to do a fresh install on top of Dev Build already installed.

You can update from the development build directly. Keep in mind that only the latest dev build (2017-07-04) is able to update from img.gz if your're running from internal memory. If you use SD card for LE, you can upgrade any dev version to the release build.

There's still an issue with the S805 builds after 7.0.1.4 on the v2.0 boards (at least the one I have available)
    Video playback is very jerky and glitchy. The audio seems to playback normally while the video jumps around.

Please verify your playback settings, i.e. that you have hardware acceleration enabled and frame rate automation turned on. If you can, please compare Kodi settings between a board that plays videos well and the bad one.

• I can confirm that the board v2.0 have problems with glitchy playback, but only in 1080 videos, video playback starts ok, and after few minutes become very glitchy...when restarts playback it again starts just fine, but only for u few minutes. Videos 720 and under are always ok.
    I tried all 4 nand versions and same problem.

Edited once, last by njofr@ (July 9, 2016 at 10:50 AM).

• Shhhh! It's a secret!

I don't have an S905 at the mo so may wait and see which box runs well, is popular and, dare I say it, cheap!

Well my Mini-MX was cheap and runs a million times better than my old 805 (all black).

• Well my Mini-MX was cheap and runs a million times better than my old 805 (all black).

Well at this point it seems to be between the 'Beelink Mini MXIII', which has 2GB of RAM or the 'Mini-MX' which only has 1GB of RAM but is cheap. I did read on the other thread that there is currently a problem with there only being 1GB of RAM on the 'Mini-MX' and vid playback. Any comments about this jed?

I haven't ruled out the 'WeeTek Hub, but it might be too expensive for me and if the 'Mini-MX does the job I may go for one of those as they are even cheaper than the old MXQ's at the mo!!

I'm just crossing my fingers becaise of the variety of boards around, as always the box may look the same but... the same old nightmare for K!

Swaying towards the Beelink at the mo because of the 2GB of RAM, but it's twice the price of the cheaper boxes.

EDIT: Also looking at the MXQ Pro as it has 4 USB ports and the others only seem to have 2 which isn't enough for my needs.

EDIT 2: Just thought I could always use an old MXQ as a HUB but not sure if I'll have internet conection in the future and not sure about how to set up a static IP address, will be using three boxes!?

Edited once, last by PatrickJB (July 9, 2016 at 1:30 PM).

• There's still an issue with the S805 builds after 7.0.1.4 on the v2.0 boards (at least the one I have available)

I can confirm that the board v2.0 have problems with glitchy playback, but only in 1080 videos, video playback starts ok, and after few minutes become very glitchy...when restarts playback it again starts just fine, but only for u few minutes. Videos 720 and under are always ok.
    I tried all 4 nand versions and same problem.

kszaq 7.0.1.4 is working. 7.0.1.3 same issue. It's related to kernel changes for cpu you made back there i think.

Can you please all try this test build for fixing playback issues Poida and njofr@ and for stability pesh: 7.0.2.2-dt-revert

• try this test build for fixing playback issues

Still have the same issue which, for me, is not limited to any particular resolution.
    All movies, local or streaming. (on the v2.0 board)
    [hr]

not sure about how to set up a static IP address

You set that up in the LE settings addon

Edited once, last by Poida (July 10, 2016 at 2:12 AM).

• Still have the same issue which, for me, is not limited to any particular resolution.
    All movies, local or streaming. (on the v2.0 board)

Is this specific to 2.0 board? Do the same files play OK on V3_1? I am asking this because SYSTEM image is identical for both boards and I'm wondering what the issue can be. Can you also confirm that downgrading to 7.0.1.4 (you can simply put 7.0.1.4 tar in Update folder and reboot) makes the issues go away?