[7.0.3.3d] LibreELEC 7.0 for S805

• No real need to quote the whole previous post then (or any part of it). All that is achieving, is making the thread unnecessarily long. :angel:

That'll be my fuzzy head!! :)
    [hr]

In case nobody noticed, Krypton test builds available here: LibreELEC ;)

I take it that we have decided that all the Krypton builds are going to be SD card only installations at this point hence the image file? :s

Will dig out a card and give it a whirl latter! :)

EDIT: OK installed on SD. First impressions, GUI is really fast vid playback may be slightly better, only tested H264 at this point, will not reboot from internal (Nand) but suspend works although some may need to adjust the power button option that K hacked in. Will play a bit more and give feedback on other thread. Oh and I found a fast SD card to install on and I really can't see a difference in speed from Nand at the moment think it's a 95ms read speed card writing is probably at least half that.

Edited once, last by PatrickJB (October 29, 2016 at 3:43 PM).

• Hello,

I am using Libreelec MXQ.arm 7.0.2.6 on SD-card in my MXV S805 box, and I kept the original Android firmware in NAND.
    Does anybody knows if it is possible to mount the internal emulated sdcard in Libreelec?
    In android it is in path: /storage/emulated/legacy

Thanks!

• mwp1 You can mount internal data partition using e.g.

Code
    mkdir /media/Android_internal
    mount /dev/data /media/Android_internal

Thanks kszaq ,

I tryed that, but it is not what I really need...
    What I need is to map the internal emulated sdcard, and it is not inside the data folder.

I used the mount command in Android, and the /storage/emulated/legacy is mounted over /dev/fuse , but when I try the following command, I got an error:
    mount /dev/fuse /media/Android_internal

Sorry, but my knowledge of linux is very basic...

• kszaq just need your thoughts on an all Black MXQ S805 which i believe has Hardware Failure due to the following symptoms.
    The box is stock with no addons installed. Just network library.
    This box was on .006 NAND when it started to freeze at random and now it freezes 10 out of 10 times when browsing library movies on my network. I ran debug and took logs.
    The logs are .004 as i went back to .004 to test if it was the update. I also did a fresh SD Card install to test on .004 & .006 with the same freezing issues as running from NAND. There seems to be big spikes in cpu usage just before it freezes and becomes un responsive.
    I am putting out here as this is the behaviour when hardware fails.
    MXQ, board number: 'AM_MXQ_A 20150825

• kostaman

Only slightly related: I have noticed, over the months, that if you leave Kodi on the file manager page is does seem to run the CPU pretty hot, and when I say hot I mean high sixties! I've often flicked the TV on and Kodi has been left on the file manager page so I do a quick temp check and it's running at 66+. Playing vids the box is often much cooler, low to mid fifties, so basically leaving the box on as well as leaving it on the file manager screen probably won't do it any good in the long run. Having said that I still find I leave it on the file page!! :s

Anyway hope the box isn't dead although it doesn't sound good. :(

• Anyway hope the box isn't dead although it doesn't sound good.

I'm not sure why this happened so i just thought the logs might identify the cause if indeed it might not be Hardware.
    I will flash Android back after logs are checked and see if this freezing also occurs. I have 2 of these and only one is doing this , however i had a different Android rom on the working one.

• Has this box behaved normally before? If yes, I would blame hardware. I looked at your logs and there seems to be nothing odd. It would be good if you can install back Android and run some stress tests with it to confirm whether it's hardware that's failing.

• Yes I have 2 of the same, as you know, so I'm obviously interested as to where this all goes. Hope you get it sorted.

Thanks for taking the time to read logs kszaq.
    I was pretty sure it was Hardware failure but the symptoms may be useful to others who get the same behaviour.

The box used to work using LE on Nand. It worked for a while on .006 and it was this version being used when the Hardware failed.
    I went back to .004 and same result. Nand and SD card LE.
    It only fails under CPU stressing. When cold it works for about 5 minutes browsing the network library and then freezes.
    It gets to about 56c operating temp and that is when it occurs.
    I don't believe it is overheating as this doesn't happen with my other identical box.
    I pulled the board out of the casing and ran it but the same freezing occured.
    It happens to an SD Card install of LE so it is not corrupt Nand.
    I flashed 2 versions of Android that work on this box and the same freezing occurs during library browsing in Kodi Jarvis 16.1
    I believe it may be bad RAM or bad capacitor.
    These boxes are not salvageable when this occurs. :dodgy:

• @kostaman imo, likely capacitor as bad ram may not even boot up. Can you change the caps?

It only has 1 Capacitor and there is no bulge at the top of it.
    It's soldered from top to bottom so i couldn't be bothered. More than likely capacitor as the freezing kicks in when it warms up.
    I might post it to PatrickJB , someone mentioned he's the man to pull these things apart and solder them. HA ! :dodgy:
    Thanks for replying.

• I might post it to PatrickJB , someone mentioned he's the man to pull these things apart and solder them. HA ! :dodgy:

Sorry to say, I'm not the man! :blush: My soldering skills are basic and I don't even have any micro solder bits. I take it you've tried different power supplies?

The annoying thing about one of these boxes dying is they've increased in price and there's not as many available (well and getting the same board which is probably impossible)! Did K get his really cheap S905/x working OK? Oh I forgot you have quite a few boxes so that's not really a problem but as you've said in the past our boxes/boards are rock solid so it's a pisser when one bites the dust.

• Tried power supply as well. Not the cause.
    My wife still uses the MXQ and i have the MiniM8sPro s905 2gb / 8gb which is my favourite box.
    I have a Mini MX 2gb/16gb s905 as well in another room. I have no real need for a S905x but can't believe how cheap these chip boxes are now.

• My wife still uses the MXQ and i have the MiniM8sPro s905 2gb / 8gb which is my favourite box.
    I have a Mini MX 2gb/16gb s905 as well in another room. I have no real need for a S905x but can't believe how cheap these chip boxes are now.

So the "MiniM8sPro s905 2gb / 8gb" is working well with K's build/s? As for the S905x boards there does seem to be a tidal wave of these but as always it's going to be a lucky dip! I'm still happy to wait around with regards to a S905soc box as what I have does the job, and it does it very well I might add.

I still want a Wetek Hub!! :D

• I still want a Wetek Hub!!

I'm not convinced 1gb ram with s905 is a good choice. It has been an up hill battle keeping memory leaks under control.
    It's a known issue with Kodi Devs and Amlogic x64 . I can't understand why an extra 1gb of cheap ram is an issue when releasing a Quality product.
    I get no lock ups or freezes with my 2gb boxes. Always have over 1gb of memory available , even after heavy use and left on for days.

• I'm not convinced 1gb ram with s905 is a good choice.

Hmm 1gb!? I must have thought it had 2, yes I agree, especially with the S905 2gb is a must. In my limited experience, haven't been watching much for a while, it's 1080p H265 files which seems to be causing most people problems. If it's not the ROM then it's the way the cpu handles the processing. Of course I can't comment on S905 boxes but I think the S805 struggles with 1080p H265 as the CPU just isn't fast enough. Obviously the higher the compression the more the cpu has to do.

Having said that I've been seeing a lot more heavily compressed H264 and it's pretty good. Not that techie but I imagine there's been some newish compression codec for H264 to achieve this as it's close to H265 at least with 720p content! H265 excels at 1080p but of course needs the extra cpu power for decoding especially with higher compression.

Edited once, last by PatrickJB (November 4, 2016 at 12:50 PM).