[7.0.3.3d] LibreELEC 7.0 for S805

• Hi!
    I'm using last build in a mk808b plus in sd card. I'm very happy, thanks for the great work.
    I just have some short questions:
    1- Sometimes it freezes and I have to unplug to reboot, it is normal?
    2- Using kore in a android smartphone, it lags responding to the kore commands. Is something wrong with my internet connection?
    3- I use a 2Gb old class 4 Kingston sdcard, it can affect the performance of LE?

Thanks!!

• 1- Sometimes it freezes and I have to unplug to reboot, it is normal?

MK808B Plus have flaky cooling, they might overheat from time to time.

2- Using kore in a android smartphone, it lags responding to the kore commands. Is something wrong with my internet connection?

Are you using the latest build? There is a patch that improved WiFi response time.

3- I use a 2Gb old class 4 Kingston sdcard, it can affect the performance of LE?

A faster SD card means faster boot and userdata operations so yes, it affects performance. That doesn't mean that you should change your card to a different one if you're OK with performance you have now.

• kszaq,
    thanks for your great job. I am wondering if there is a way to make s805 mxq all black be able to be woked up by lan?

When the box is in suspended state, it is "managed" by u-boot. I haven't seen LAN wakeup code in u-boot source so no, I don't think it's possible.

• MK808B Plus have flaky cooling, they might overheat from time to time.

Are you using the latest build? There is a patch that improved WiFi response time.

A faster SD card means faster boot and userdata operations so yes, it affects performance. That doesn't mean that you should change your card to a different one if you're OK with performance you have now.

Thanks for replying. I'm OK if all my little problems. In fact the Kodi have a much better picture quality in LE than in Android and the boot is faster.
    I'm using last build and Kore have a better response, but is not like used to be in Android, but don't care. Thanks for this!

• Check LibreELEC for dl links and read up on how to boot from sd card too. Try the hd18q sd builds and start with the latest release 7.0.2.5 [emoji4]

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Thanks kiwi-man, that works perfectly! Now to get the courage to flash the NAND, instead of running from SD card. Many thanks to kszaq and everyone else that worked to make this possible!! You guys are awesome! I will be making a donation this week after I get paid - am beyond broke after an unexpected timing belt failure in my wife and I's only car.....GRRRRR!!

• Updated, seems fine, will report any bugs if I notice them.

Hey PatrickJB
    I have not been using the All Black MXQ for a while but updated today and am having issues playing H265 files in that
    i get artifacts and picture lockups with sound proceeding normally. Basically a dogs breakfast.
    Same file plays perfect on my s905 box.
    In your own time no rush. Just curious as i have this box in a spare room and stumbled accross the bug.
    Have not done much testing with the s805 lately.
    Cheers

• I have not been using the All Black MXQ for a while but updated today and am having issues playing H265 files in that
    i get artifacts and picture lockups with sound proceeding normally. Basically a dogs breakfast.
    Same file plays perfect on my s905 box.

Hi,

the S805 can only play 8bit h.265 with the VPU, but Kodi will try to play 10bit h.265 using the hardware as well. This will lead to artifacts and interrupted playback. Maybe your h.265 files are 10bit? You can check the media type in the player statistics that will show when you press the "o" key during playback.

I have not yet updated my S805 stick to the latest version, as it is mostly used by my family with Android, but I will check later this week with my test file collection. h.265 (8bit) worked fine with the version in my signature.

• I've had some issues with vid playback, the same as you discribe, but I thought it was dodgy encoding! I'm using the Amber skin for a change and it normally says if it's H265 but doesn't for the files I'm have issues with so will check if they are indeed H265 as opposed to H264. I've watched other stuff and it seems fine, so hence the reason I thought dodgy encoding! Might revert to the previus version and see if it's better.

Are you also getting judder?

Will get back to you on this once I've done a test or two.

EDIT: Just checked by pressing O from a connected keyboard and the problems files are H265. Will try reverting and see if it makes any difference!

EDIT 2: Looks as if mmpp is correct as it's the same in version 7.0.2.4! Pisser!! I wonder if there's a fix for this? I doubt it as H265 won't play without hardware decoding as far as I'm aware. Well with any luck it's only certain files so not the end of the world just not great to watch with the glitches.

Edited once, last by PatrickJB (September 7, 2016 at 1:48 PM).

• Are you also getting judder?

I only stumbled on the H265 issue and this is all i have tested. It is virtually un playable. It starts up ok and 30 seconds in it freezes picture with audio still going and picture stop starts out of sync artifacts the whole disaster. I dont recall ever having issues with H265.
    I will do some more tests i just remembered i have a repo somewhere that has an addon which has streams in different file formats.
    It is a legal addon as the streams are test clips but i am not sure i should post link.
    Google Portuguese Mafarricos repositorio

• I only stumbled on the H265 issue and this is all i have tested. It is virtually un playable. It starts up ok and 30 seconds in it freezes picture with audio still going and picture stop starts out of sync artifacts the whole disaster. I dont recall ever having issues with H265.
    I will do some more tests i just remembered i have a repo somewhere that has an addon which has streams in different file formats.
    It is a legal addon as the streams are test clips but i am not sure i should post link.
    Google Portuguese Mafarricos repositorio

Read my edits above. Looks like it's the S805.

• h.265 (8bit) worked fine with the version in my signature.

Could be the old version was working. I will do some more testing as well.
    I think something went wrong after a particular release but no mention in threads that i am aware of which surprised me.
    Thanks for replying

• Look at the 4th line of codec info when playing: when it's am-h265 the video is hardware decoded and with ff-h265 it's software (ffmpeg) decoding. The latter makes your CPU produce a lot of heat and throttle, no wonder it stutters after a while.

Can you give me a sample title that has issues during playback? I have to admit I am now focused on S905 but I can have a look after releasing a new S905 build today (spoiler alert ).

• Look at the 4th line of codec info when playing: when it's am-h265 the video is hardware decoded and with ff-h265 it's software (ffmpeg) decoding. The latter makes your CPU produce a lot of heat and throttle, no wonder it stutters after a while.

Can you give me a sample title that has issues during playback? I have to admit I am now focused on S905 but I can have a look after releasing a new S905 build today (spoiler alert ).

It says 'dc:am-h265'. Unfortunetly my local files are too big to upload but hopefully someone can try something test clip online and drop you a link.