[7.0.3.3d] LibreELEC 7.0 for S805

• I'm hoping to get some advice from someone who may have come across this before. I am trying to flash the latest build on to NAND (SD is working great) but I come across 'invalid signature' errors. I checked the FAQ but I am confused as to what it is saying to do when it says the following:

Q: I tried to flash LE to NAND and I'm getting "invalid signature error". What should I do?
    A: Flash OE in TWRP or download recovery.img from [font]here[/font] and place it on your SD card.

OE in TWRP? I assume this was cut and pasted from Openelec forum, but what is TWRP?
    Secondly, if I d/l the recovery.img that is linked and flash that to SD card, is it saying to just boot from this - or to flash from this? If I flash the recovery.img is there a chance I will brick my device since it does not specify which devices the .img file is for?

Thanks for any help!

-PGPfan

• PGPfan It should say LE, I copied instructions from my OE thread at FreakTab.

You should download that file and copy it to SD card in addition to files for NAND installation. By doing so your box will boot recovery from SD card and not internal flash and this should prevent "invalid signature" error from appearing. Flashing to internal shouldn't brick the box as it replaces only kernel and system partitions - you will still be able to boot into recovery and flash a different firmware.

• PGPfan It should say LE, I copied instructions from my OE thread at FreakTab.

You should download that file and copy it to SD card in addition to files for NAND installation. By doing so your box will boot recovery from SD card and not internal flash and this should prevent "invalid signature" error from appearing. Flashing to internal shouldn't brick the box as it replaces only kernel and system partitions - you will still be able to boot into recovery and flash a different firmware.

Ok, that makes complete sense. :) Kszaq, thank you for the information and more importantly for all the work you've done to bring these boxes to life! It is greatly appreciated!

-PGPfan

• Hi.

I'm trying to install 7.0.2.6 build (LibreELEC-S805.MXQ.arm-7.0.2.6.zip) on my Tronsmart MK808B+'s (now is with Openelec 6.0.3.8) NAND without success.

I tried with toothpick method: no luck; the tv screen continues to switch from "Google Tv" screen and android's green robot (with update bar) and so on (10 minutes and more).

The LibreELEC-S805.MXQ.arm-7.0.2.6.zip file include "factory_update_param.aml" and "LibreELEC-S805.MXQ.arm-7.0.2.6-update.zip" files only (no "aml_autoscript" file mentioned in LibreELEC ).

Edit: tried with LibreELEC-S805.MK808B.Plus.arm-7.0.2.5.zip too: no luck again :(

Many Thanks

Edited once, last by redcomet (October 19, 2016 at 6:57 AM).

• redcomet The easiest for you would be to update from OpenELEC using .tar file. You can do this up to 7.0.2.5, then update 7.0.2.5 to 7.0.2.6 if you wish.

Flashing in recovery wipes you data and you start with a fresh system. If toothpick doesn't work for you, you can try booting into recovery without SD card, then insert card and select file to flash manually.

• redcomet The easiest for you would be to update from OpenELEC using .tar file. You can do this up to 7.0.2.5, then update 7.0.2.5 to 7.0.2.6 if you wish.

Flashing in recovery wipes you data and you start with a fresh system. If toothpick doesn't work for you, you can try booting into recovery without SD card, then insert card and select file to flash manually.

Sorry but I'm a noob.

Anyway, here my steps:

- put LibreELEC-S805.MK808B.Plus.arm-7.0.2.5.tar on sd root (fat32).
    - boot my tronsmart (with sd inside) with toothpick method.
    - Now I'm in recovery console.
    - swap boot sd with sd (fat32 also) containing the file "LibreELEC-S805.MK808B.Plus.arm-7.0.2.5.zip"
    - In recovery console, selected "apply update from EXT" and then "Update from sdcard":
    here I selected "LibreELEC-S805.MK808B.Plus.arm-7.0.2.5.zip", Enter.
    - Recovery console tells:

E: footer is wrong
    E: signature verification failed
    Installation aborted.

:( Thanks

• redcomet You don't need the first step (putting tar file in SD card root) and you need to unzip LibreELEC-S805.MK808B.Plus.arm-7.0.2.5.zip before flashing. The file name you want to flash is LibreELEC-S805.MK808B.Plus.arm-7.0.2.5-update.zip

• Ok, I'm going to retry, thanks

Edit:
    - On sd root: inserted the files "aml_autoscript", "factory_update_param.aml" and "LibreELEC-S805.MK808B.Plus.arm-7.0.2.5-update.zip".
    - In recovery console, "apply update from EXT"--> "Update from sdcard", selected "LibreELEC-S805.MK808B.Plus.arm-7.0.2.5-update.zip" file
    Console's progress:
    ---------------------
    <CUT>
    Verifying update package...
    Installing update...
    read_file() loading "/system/build.prop" failed: no such file or directory

Install from sdcard complete
    ---------------------
    :cry: Thankkkks

Edited once, last by redcomet (October 19, 2016 at 8:21 AM).

• redcomet Try 7.0.2.6, the issue with build.prop has been resolved in that one.

Edit:
    - On sd root: inserted the files "factory_update_param.aml" and "LibreELEC-S805.MXQ.arm-7.0.2.6-update.zip".
    - In recovery console, "apply update from EXT"--> "Update from sdcard", selected "LibreELEC-S805.MXQ.arm-7.0.2.6-update.zip" file.
    Console's progress:
    ---------------------
    <CUT>
    Verifying update package...
    Installing update...
    Backing up device tree and remote.conf
    set metadata: some changes failed

Install from sdcard complete
    ---------------------

I tried more time but It failed (set metadata: some changes failed). :huh:

Now when i boot the Tronsmart (without sd inside) no more old Openelec 6.0.3.8, It goes directly to recovery console only.

Thanks

• redcomet It seems that I haven't tested NAND installer enough. :( Please try 7.0.2.4, this one should work for sure as it has an old style updater-script.

Yep, you're right, It worked (7.0.2.4) :)

Thanks kszaq

Edit (for confirmation): so for now I can't update from 7.0.2.4 to 7.0.2.6, right?

Edited once, last by redcomet (October 19, 2016 at 11:48 AM).

• Can i install Libreelec for MXQ by ENY (the black one) as per the board pictures attached.

If yes, can someone please direct me link and if i should use HD18Q link or MXQ link from Update

thanks