[7.0.3.3d] LibreELEC 7.0 for S805

• EDIT: It's the vid playback issue I'm interested in, see my post above.

Can you try creating advancedsettings.xml with the following content:

XML
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <advancedsettings>

<network>
    <buffermode>0</buffermode>
    </network>

</advancedsettings>

Does this help?

It seems like there is a problem initializing the NAND.
    Am I having a bad/unsupported NAND? How can a determine which NAND type I have?

Can you try tunning 7.0.1.2?

• Does the LED switch at all for you with the most recent build?

It actually does work correctly. The LED is blue when on and dim red in standby / off.
    The problem is that, since I cannot put the box into standby or off due to being unable to wake via remote from either condition, effectively, the blue light is permenantly showing.

I can work around the fresh start I prefer by causing a Reboot in place of the On function.
    The only slight irritation is that the bright blue LED is always on.
    I was kinda hoping to discover there is a way to manually manipulate the LED, or have it permenantly show very dim red in place of the bright blue before resorting to phsically covering it.

Edited once, last by Poida (June 22, 2016 at 5:59 AM).

• kszaq

BUG: I've noticed that local vid files are being buffered which I'm sure never used to happen and I thought this might have helped minimise frame drops although the verdict is out on that. The problem is that after a pause when starting playback the first 10 to 15 seconds of the vid are skipped. On occasion when stopping playback the HDMI connections also drops. I can revive the connection by pressing play or similar.

Not a big bug! But one that is annoying any ideas what is causing this?

I just hooked up my WD Essential HD (Mains Powered) to my router/modem and used "SMB" path to test video playback.
    I use Ethernet Over Power Adapter for the box.
    I have no such issues at all. I paused and left a 3.9 gb movie paused for 5 minutes and hit play no issue.
    I fast forwarded at x32 for 10 minutes hit play no issues.
    Tried about 5 different file types as well as containers.
    I cannot get it to to drop HDMI connection either.
    Please note i have cachemembuffersize set to 170mb. I think kodi is set to 60mb ?
    I dont know if this is why i dont have the issues.
    kszaq can answer this.

• No, the result is the same. Here is the complete boot log when booting from
    the external SD card. It seems that it first successfully finds the external
    SD (3.67 GiB), but fails with initialization of the NAND.

[ 0.000000@0] Booting Linux on physical CPU 0x200 [ 0.000000@0] Linux ver - Pastebin.com

It's eMMC driver that fails and not NAND, actually. Have you tried running MXQ and HD18Q builds? They have some differences in device tree, that might help. Can you also get me dmesg from Android?

• It's eMMC driver that fails and not NAND, actually. Have you tried running MXQ and HD18Q builds? They have some differences in device tree, that might help. Can you also get me dmesg from Android?

Same problem with these builds.

Here is the dmesg from recovery which sees the NAND. (currently I wasn't able to restore the
    original firmware, perhaps my backup was bad). So you are probably right that the problem is with the emmc driver.

[ 0.000000@0] Booting Linux on physical CPU 0x200 [ 0.000000@0] Linux ver - Pastebin.com

• Can you try creating advancedsettings.xml with the following content:

XML
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <advancedsettings>

<network>
    <buffermode>0</buffermode>
    </network>

</advancedsettings>

Does this help?

Can you try tunning 7.0.1.2?

OK, seems better, no buffering although I think some of my vid files may have dodgy headers or someting as they still jump 10 seconds in for some strange reason. The 0 buffering also stopped my external BluRay drive from spinning up every minute or so which was pretty annoying.

I changed the pause during refresh rate change setting back to off was on 0.4 secs and this seems to have stopped the HDMI from disconnecting, hopefully!

Cheers K.
    [hr]

Be interesting to see your advanced xml code just to see if there's anything in it that might help improve my boxes playback especially web streams. Not a fan of zero cacheing just wondering if cache can be specified? BBC is solid at 720p but others like Sky news at 1080p buffer after 20 seconds or so, might be my crappy ADSL (actually the guys upstairs).

Anyway local files seem to play better with K's code.

EDIT: Found this, which answers a few questions: HOW-TO:Modify the video cache - Official Kodi Wiki
    EDIT 2: And this seems to give all the Advanced XML options which is a good refernece: advancedsettings.xml - Official Kodi Wiki

Edited once, last by PatrickJB (June 22, 2016 at 12:02 PM).

• Be interesting to see your advanced xml code just to see if there's anything in it that might help improve my boxes playback especially web streams. Not a fan of zero cacheing just wondering if cache can be specified? BBC is solid at 720p but others like Sky news at 1080p buffer after 20 seconds or so, might be my crappy ADSL (actually the guys upstairs).

EDIT: Found this, which answers a few questions: HOW-TO:Modify the video cache - Official Kodi Wiki
    EDIT 2: And this seems to give all the Advanced XML options which is a good refernece: advancedsettings.xml - Official Kodi Wiki

I use Ares Wizard add-on. Its got a tweak tab which calculates your ram and then you choose suggested mb. then installs it.
    I use its maintenance tab as well.
    Its not one of those wizards that builds your box.

• Same problem with these builds.

Here is the dmesg from recovery which sees the NAND. (currently I wasn't able to restore the
    original firmware, perhaps my backup was bad). So you are probably right that the problem is with the emmc driver.

I will try to compile a build for you with an older version of eMMC driver. Please give me a few days for this. Curiously, you are the first person to report issues with eMMC driver.

kszaq: I can't get my PS3 controller clone (ShanWan) to connect.
    It should be possible with some patches in bluez, are these patches enabled in your current release?

and a huge thanks for LE!
    it's running perfectly and CPU usage in idle is way lower than OE

Which patches do you mean? Here are all patches in 7.0.1.4: LibreELEC.tv/packages/network/bluez/patches at 7.0.1.4 · kszaq/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

• Hello,

Thanks for the great setup, I have an s805 world tivi box, it has the digital display on the front, if i do a factory flash on the box than install LibreElec the digital display just says boot and keeps saying that. The moment I enable LCD in the settings it disappears. How can I get this sorted so I have the clock displaying on the front. Thank you

• [hr]

Be interesting to see your advanced xml code just to see if there's anything in it that might help improve my boxes playback especially web streams. Not a fan of zero cacheing just wondering if cache can be specified? BBC is solid at 720p but others like Sky news at 1080p buffer after 20 seconds or so, might be my crappy ADSL (actually the guys upstairs).

I just tried UpnP instead of SMB and the UpnP is so much faster.
    I'm a little confused with your setup. Is your hard drive connected to the router ?
    That is how interpreted local files in your network.
    Try UpnP and see what happens.
    Note i can see about 75mb cached when pressing "o" on keyboard. It stays at that
    number. I presume kszaq has that set in this version ? I cant confirm this.
    So my cachebuffer file must only work with live streaming. Again i am only guessing.

Edited once, last by kostaman (June 23, 2016 at 3:59 AM).

• I will try to compile a build for you with an older version of eMMC driver. Please give me a few days for this. Curiously, you are the first person to report issues with eMMC driver.

Thank you. I am looking forward to test it.

For reference, here is the original Android dmesg

and here is the item I bought

Buy Products Online from China Wholesalers at Aliexpress.com

• By local files I meant those on connected drives like flash drives, hard discs or optical drives. Anyway the problem was sorted with the simple XML code. Having said that the code does effect streaming from one box to anouther, no more buffering, which is fine and how it used to be before K's last version. The only stuff that is buffered now is web content.

• Thanks for the great setup, I have an s805 world tivi box, it has the digital display on the front, if i do a factory flash on the box than install LibreElec the digital display just says boot and keeps saying that. The moment I enable LCD in the settings it disappears. How can I get this sorted so I have the clock displaying on the front. Thank you

Sorry, I have no box with that kind of display and don't know how they work. The only suggestion I can give is that you search Kodi/OE/LE forums to see if this can be done easily. The fact that you were able to turn it off in Kodi settings hints at possibility of showing some information on that display.