Orange Pi

• I have been an Openelec user for quite a while and I am excited to try this new fork. I currently use a RPi2 but have thought about branching out to a board with h.265 support to save on bandwith and storage space but keeping the price of each board low (so no Nvidia Shields for me). I recently read that Orange Pi is putting out a new board (Plus 2E) and I know it is early but do you think that this would be a good match for LibreElec and is there any plans to support?

Thanks

• The devs are always playing around with some devices. Maybe we will see those in the future, maybe not. It all depends on how far they will get or how much money they will spend on new hardware.

A further guess might be, that there could be community builds (means, builds that are done here at forums from users to users), first. If that works fine without bigger issues and many supported hardware, then it will probably go mainline. It also depends on how the hardware support will be. Just think of all the USB thingies which might be connected. It's not just only the OS, it's many more, that should be tested. So I won't expect it in the near future.

But who knows ;)

• Problem with orange pi is the sunxi company who makes it and their GPL compliance issues.

That being said I have basic support for the orange pi on my branch however, it doesn't boot quite yet. Even when it does boot there will be limited support in kodi for its hardware accelerated decoding

• Had a Opi for a while ..Honestly its a piece of crap ..not worth the $15

Video problems out the ying yang

But if LE comes to it will throw it on maybe it would be better ( IMO stick to a Rpi )

• Problem with orange pi is the sunxi company who makes it and their GPL compliance issues.

I'm sure this is written wrong: sunxi community is great. But Allwinner who makes the SoC is bad

Gone...