xmltv grabber solution for Tvh and North America...

• interesting...looks like a permissions issue with the script...or file or folder.

Just to make sure, I've recompiled atsrilchuck's current release version - so install this one and se if it changes anything:

** One other thing....when you ssh in... don't run as ./sdxmltv.py run the following from the tools.module.sd2xmltv folder:

python sd2xmltv.py -u sdusername -p sdpassword

Nice! It looks like after I re-installed the add-on from your zip, it was able to run the code! But.....another issue.

After I run your code, at the end is says:
    Not subscribed to any listings, exiting.

I logged into my schedules direct account and verified that I am signed up and subscribed. I also deleted and re-added the listings from my account and re-ran the code. Same thing.

Thoughts?
    --------------------
    update!
    I rebooted Libreelec and re-ran the code and it worked! It is having me go through some prompts to add channel lineups. It does not show that I am subscribed to any lineups so I am adding one.
    It asks for a 3-character country/region code so I put: USA
    Zipcode: ###
    And I was able to choose my provider and successfully added the lineup!

When I go back to TVH, the log continues to show that it is unable to grab a file

Edited once, last by sblue8 (December 31, 2016 at 4:49 PM).

• when you log in to schedules direct and click on the my account menu does it show a subscribed lineup?

If you ssh and run the command below from the tools.module.sd2xmltv folder does it run you through the lineup setup? (note the -m)

python sd2xmltv.py -u <sduserid> -p <sdpassword> -m

Edited once, last by edit4ever (December 31, 2016 at 4:39 PM).

• when you log in to schedules direct and click on the my account menu does it show a subscribed lineup?

If you ssh and run the command below from the tools.module.sd2xmltv folder does it run you through the lineup setup? (note the -m)

python sd2xmltv.py -u <sduserid> -p <sdpassword> -m

update!
    I rebooted Libreelec and re-ran the code and it worked! It is having me go through some prompts to add channel lineups. It does not show that I am subscribed to any lineups so I am adding one.
    It asks for a 3-character country/region code so I put: USA
    Zipcode: ###
    And I was able to choose my provider and successfully added the lineup!

When I go back to TVH, the log continues to show that it is unable to grab a file

Thoughts?

• tvh may not have rerun the grabber yet. first, make sure to check on the schedules direct website to see if it is showing that you have a subscribed lineup.

Then, in tvh web interface, make sure the sd2xmltv grabber is enabled. Then force the internal grabbr to run...you can watch the log window to see when it finishes, but know that it may take a few minutes to run the first time. And another reboot may help. :)

• tvh may not have rerun the grabber yet. first, make sure to check on the schedules direct website to see if it is showing that you have a subscribed lineup.

Then, in tvh web interface, make sure the sd2xmltv grabber is enabled. Then force the internal grabbr to run...you can watch the log window to see when it finishes, but know that it may take a few minutes to run the first time. And another reboot may help. :)

I have the lineup subscribed to at SD.

The internal interface section does have the XMLTV - SD2XMLTV selected.

It still states "no output detected" with the tv_grab_sd2xmltv file

• If you ssh in and manually run the script ( python sd2xmltv.py -u sdusername -p sdpassword ) from the tools.module.sd2xmltv folder does it complete a download?

2016-12-31 17:21:51,747 sd2xmltv INFO Getting SchedulesDirect token.2016-12-31 17:21:52,088 sd2xmltv INFO Getting SchedulesDirect status.2016-12-31 17:21:52,284 sd2xmltv INFO Account will expire on 2018-01-03 16:10:22 (367 days).2016-12-31 17:21:52,284 sd2xmltv INFO SchedulesDirect last update at 2016-12-31 16:17:40 (1 hours 4 minutes ago).2016-12-31 17:21:52,285 sd2xmltv INFO Message: No known issues.

It then gives me Manage Account options.

Everything looks fine

• I would try to limit the number of days or limit the number of channels setup on your lineup. You might be getting a server timeout due to the size of the initial download. You can setup the channels on your lineup in the schedules direct website. You can limit the days by adding -d # to the command line (replacing # with the number of days you want to download) --- try this:

python sd2xmltv.py -u sdusername -p sdpassword -d 1

• I would try to limit the number of days or limit the number of channels setup on your lineup. You might be getting a server timeout due to the size of the initial download. You can setup the channels on your lineup in the schedules direct website. You can limit the days by adding -d # to the command line (replacing # with the number of days you want to download) --- try this:

python sd2xmltv.py -u sdusername -p sdpassword -d 1

How long could this take? I kind of feel like my RPI is freezing up

• It should only take a couple of minutes. What lineup are you using?

You could try a simple OTA lineup so it only has a few channels.

Sometimes - it's best to uninstall the addon - make sure to delete the user folder for the addon as well - and do a clean install.

Edited once, last by edit4ever (December 31, 2016 at 7:39 PM).

• It should only take a couple of minutes. What lineup are you using?

You could try a simple OTA lineup so it only has a few channels.

I am using a Verizon cable lineup. It has been over 30 minutes so far with the 1 day code. Definitely something wrong then.

• I would switch to the over the air lineup for your zipcode and see if that downloads. I know it's not what you want in the end - but let's get to a place where you get a file generated!

-- I have 42 channels in my lineup and it downloads the 14 days in about 3 minutes.

Edited once, last by edit4ever (December 31, 2016 at 7:45 PM).

• I would switch to the over the air lineup for your zipcode and see if that downloads. I know it's not what you want in the end - but let's get to a place where you get a file generated!

-- I have 42 channels in my lineup and it downloads the 14 days in about 3 minutes.

Your suggestion seems to have worked! Now what do I do to get it with my channels? Repeat?

• Check on the schedules direct website and see how many channels are in the lineup. Then - if you don't need all of them (for example cable lineups usualy have both SD and HD channels and most people only care about the HD channels) you can setup which channels are included.

If you have hundreds of channels, I would suggest leaving it on 1 day for now and let it run for as long as needs. As long as it doesn't error out - it should finish. Then you can have the rest of the days download once you get the first day completed.

• Check on the schedules direct website and see how many channels are in the lineup. Then - if you don't need all of them (for example cable lineups usualy have both SD and HD channels and most people only care about the HD channels) you can setup which channels are included.

If you have hundreds of channels, I would suggest leaving it on 1 day for now and let it run for as long as needs. As long as it doesn't error out - it should finish. Then you can have the rest of the days download once you get the first day completed.

I previously went on the SD website and only included the HD sites, maybe 50-70 channels. I reattempted it with the 1 day code and it got "Killed" again.

I don't know if its actually updating to the changes I did on SD. When I run the python code, it says the last SD update was several hours ago - which was before I updated the listings on SD. Could this be why its failing because it still thinks its checking ALL the channels?

• You can try deleting the sdcache.db that should be in the folder. That may be holding on to the old channel list.

Also - if youre manually running this, the xmltv.xml file is going to be generated in the main addon folder (.kodi/addons/tools.module.sd2xmltv). When you run it from within tvh - that file will be placed under the userdata/addon_data/tools.module.sd2xmltv folder. tvh won't read the one in the main folder. However, as a test - you can copy it over from the main folder to the user_data folder - then restart and see if tvh can see the epg source in the channels tab.

Edited once, last by edit4ever (December 31, 2016 at 8:43 PM).