Posts by sblue8

If you don't want to wait to continue testing - you could use a second email to start a 7 day trial.

As far as the next steps - in tvh do you know how to connect the channel to the epg source?

If not, go to the web interface, go to the CONFIGURATION > CHANNEL/EPG > CHANNELS tab
    Then for a given channel row, double click the epg source column area and a drop will show up with the available channels that were loaded from the xmltv.xml file.

You can look about 6 minutes into this video to see what the data field should look like for the epg source. (this example is using zap2xml not sd2xmltv - but the concept is the same) Installing zap2it grabber in OpenELEC - YouTube

If you let me know your zip code - I can try to download a verizon sample xmltv.xml file and send it to you to test. That way you can put it in the main sd2xmltv folder and setup the channels - then you can see it the system starts populating tomorrow.

Thank you, I pm'ed you

what happens if you run the internal grabber within tvh?

Thats what I did. Within the TVH interface, under Internal Grabber > Module > there is Disabled and XMLTV for sd2xmltv.

The TVH log was successful in pulling the data from the xmltv.xml file that was generated from the python script with the OTA EPG data.

I have no idea what to do next though to test to see if I can even see the EPG data.

As it stands right now, I have exceeded the maximum amount of attempts to retrieve guide data from SD - which is currently 6. I must now wait 24 hours before I can re-attempt the Verizon EPG pull using the script.

Alas, the issue will rest until tomorrow.

You can try deleting the sdcache.db that should be in the folder. That may be holding on to the old channel list.

Also - if youre manually running this, the xmltv.xml file is going to be generated in the main addon folder (.kodi/addons/tools.module.sd2xmltv). When you run it from within tvh - that file will be placed under the userdata/addon_data/tools.module.sd2xmltv folder. tvh won't read the one in the main folder. However, as a test - you can copy it over from the main folder to the user_data folder - then restart and see if tvh can see the epg source in the channels tab.

I think your on to something there with the xmltv.xml file needing to be in the TVH folder. I re-ran the code for local channels only but included the -o tag to output the file directly to the TVH folder, versus moving it over after the fact. I checked TVH again and the log showed it was successful in pulling the xmltv.xml file.

I did delete the sdcache.db file and re-ran the code with the Verizon channel list, but it once again froze in place with the RPI having a constant RED/GREEN LED on. I feel like we are close....

Check on the schedules direct website and see how many channels are in the lineup. Then - if you don't need all of them (for example cable lineups usualy have both SD and HD channels and most people only care about the HD channels) you can setup which channels are included.

If you have hundreds of channels, I would suggest leaving it on 1 day for now and let it run for as long as needs. As long as it doesn't error out - it should finish. Then you can have the rest of the days download once you get the first day completed.

I previously went on the SD website and only included the HD sites, maybe 50-70 channels. I reattempted it with the 1 day code and it got "Killed" again.

I don't know if its actually updating to the changes I did on SD. When I run the python code, it says the last SD update was several hours ago - which was before I updated the listings on SD. Could this be why its failing because it still thinks its checking ALL the channels?

I would try to limit the number of days or limit the number of channels setup on your lineup. You might be getting a server timeout due to the size of the initial download. You can setup the channels on your lineup in the schedules direct website. You can limit the days by adding -d # to the command line (replacing # with the number of days you want to download) --- try this:

python sd2xmltv.py -u sdusername -p sdpassword -d 1

How long could this take? I kind of feel like my RPI is freezing up

If you ssh in and manually run the script ( python sd2xmltv.py -u sdusername -p sdpassword ) from the tools.module.sd2xmltv folder does it complete a download?

2016-12-31 17:21:51,747 sd2xmltv INFO Getting SchedulesDirect token.2016-12-31 17:21:52,088 sd2xmltv INFO Getting SchedulesDirect status.2016-12-31 17:21:52,284 sd2xmltv INFO Account will expire on 2018-01-03 16:10:22 (367 days).2016-12-31 17:21:52,284 sd2xmltv INFO SchedulesDirect last update at 2016-12-31 16:17:40 (1 hours 4 minutes ago).2016-12-31 17:21:52,285 sd2xmltv INFO Message: No known issues.

It then gives me Manage Account options.

Everything looks fine

tvh may not have rerun the grabber yet. first, make sure to check on the schedules direct website to see if it is showing that you have a subscribed lineup.

Then, in tvh web interface, make sure the sd2xmltv grabber is enabled. Then force the internal grabbr to run...you can watch the log window to see when it finishes, but know that it may take a few minutes to run the first time. And another reboot may help. :)

I have the lineup subscribed to at SD.

The internal interface section does have the XMLTV - SD2XMLTV selected.

It still states "no output detected" with the tv_grab_sd2xmltv file

when you log in to schedules direct and click on the my account menu does it show a subscribed lineup?

If you ssh and run the command below from the tools.module.sd2xmltv folder does it run you through the lineup setup? (note the -m)

python sd2xmltv.py -u <sduserid> -p <sdpassword> -m

update!
    I rebooted Libreelec and re-ran the code and it worked! It is having me go through some prompts to add channel lineups. It does not show that I am subscribed to any lineups so I am adding one.
    It asks for a 3-character country/region code so I put: USA
    Zipcode: ###
    And I was able to choose my provider and successfully added the lineup!

When I go back to TVH, the log continues to show that it is unable to grab a file

Thoughts?

interesting...looks like a permissions issue with the script...or file or folder.

Just to make sure, I've recompiled atsrilchuck's current release version - so install this one and se if it changes anything:

** One other thing....when you ssh in... don't run as ./sdxmltv.py run the following from the tools.module.sd2xmltv folder:

python sd2xmltv.py -u sdusername -p sdpassword

Nice! It looks like after I re-installed the add-on from your zip, it was able to run the code! But.....another issue.

After I run your code, at the end is says:
    Not subscribed to any listings, exiting.

I logged into my schedules direct account and verified that I am signed up and subscribed. I also deleted and re-added the listings from my account and re-ran the code. Same thing.

Thoughts?
    --------------------
    update!
    I rebooted Libreelec and re-ran the code and it worked! It is having me go through some prompts to add channel lineups. It does not show that I am subscribed to any lineups so I am adding one.
    It asks for a 3-character country/region code so I put: USA
    Zipcode: ###
    And I was able to choose my provider and successfully added the lineup!

When I go back to TVH, the log continues to show that it is unable to grab a file

I went ahead and attempted your instructions here as well as the Kodi instructions to create an xmltv file listed on the same github page.
    Your instructions outputs: -sh: can't open sduserid: no such file

The instructions on the Kodi page (./sd2xmltv.py --username sdusername --password sdpassword [--output ./xmltv.xml] [--days 14] [--hdhomerun discover|ip])outputs:
    -sh: ./sd2xmltv.py: Permission Denied
    -sh: ip]: not found

Thank you for sticking with me through this.

I assume you have setup your username/password in the sd2xmk add-on configure screen.

If so, next it would help to see the other log file. There is a log in the .kodi/add-ons/tools.module.sd2xmltv folder. That one may have more info on why the grab failed.

As an FYI - .kodi is a hidden folder so you can't browse to it from your Mac unless you setup your samba config file. I can help with that - but not until I get back to my system later tonight so I can look at the settings to share with you.

I am able to SSH in. I have also added my username and password.

In the .kodi/addons/tools.....etc folder, there is no log file. The only file I see related to logs is titled "logging.cfg", and does not contain anything related to a log.

Not sure if I went wrong some place.

To make it easier - just download the file to a usb drive. Plug that into the LibreELEC pi and install the addon from zip.

You should disable the addon on the rasbian pi as it will be easier to just have it running on the same system as the tvh backend.

Hopefully you can see the LibreELEC pi on a screen so you can configure the addon with your credentials. Then you can set things up from the tvh web interface.

Let me know how that goes.

It definitely made it easier after I realized my Mac was reformatting the zip file with a different name. So, I was able to install the add-on and configured it. I also have it selected in the TVH interface, but now I have another problem.

When I look at the log it says "No output detected". Here is the text:

Code
    2016-12-31 04:14:40.278 /storage/.kodi/addons/tools.module.sd2xmltv/bin/tv_grab_sd2xmltv: grab /storage/.kodi/addons/tools.module.sd2xmltv/bin/tv_grab_sd2xmltv2016-12-31 04:14:40.282 spawn: Executing "/storage/.kodi/addons/tools.module.sd2xmltv/bin/tv_grab_sd2xmltv"2016-12-31 04:14:40.646 spawn: cat: can't open 'xmltv.xml': No such file or directory2016-12-31 04:14:40.647 /storage/.kodi/addons/tools.module.sd2xmltv/bin/tv_grab_sd2xmltv: no output detected2016-12-31 04:14:40.647 /storage/.kodi/addons/tools.module.sd2xmltv/bin/tv_grab_sd2xmltv: grab returned no data

Thoughts?

If you're running raspbian - you can download the link in the previous post and put it in the kodi/userdata/download folder. Then from inside of kodi, you can go to the addon section, select install from zip and navigate to your download folder and sleect the zap2xml file that you downloaded.

Do you know how to access the tvheadend web interface?

I was able to get a little farther but I think I am not doing it in the right way. I currently have TVHeadEnd running on a Libreelec backend RPI and Raspbian running another RPI acting as the front end. Through trial and error, I finally managed to install the add-on onto the Raspbian Kodi system and was able to configure it within Kodi. However, it is not showing up in the EPG Grabber modules on the TVH web interface.

This made me think that I was supposed to install the add-on on the same RPI as the TVH interface. I attempted to redo the same steps on took on this RPI but was met with "Read-only" errors.

Here are the specifics:
    I downloaded the zip file and copied the unzipped folder to the sd-card containing the OS.
    I then used the move command to move the file from its location to /kodi/addons.
    From my original attempt, I was then able to see the add-on and configure it within Kodi, however, when I attempted to move the same file using the same command with the Libreelec RPI, I was met with "Read-only" errors. I image this because Libreelec is a read-only OS by design.

Any thoughts?

Thank you for the quick reply! However, its best not to assume anything with me. I have not downloaded it because....I have no idea how to. Since I am using Raspbian on my Pi, I have no idea what code to use to download and run it.

I am new to this whole thing and have managed to get to where I am now by following guides and copying code verbatim - even though I really have no idea what the code means. I am hoping you can provide an easy to follow guide that walks me through how to install/enable the epg grabber. There doesn't appear to be any such guide online, other than guides for the technically inclined.

I currently have TVHeadend installed and configured correctly on a RPI backend (running libreelec) with a TVHeadend Front End on Kodi (Raspbian) running on another RPI. I also just purchased a Schedules Direct membership.

Any help would be great