Digital Devices Cine S2 v7 support for LE 7.90.0 and LE8.0?

• 2017-02-28: Cine S2 v7 is also not recognized in the LE 8 final.

Hello,

I am using the current LE alpha version, but my DigitalDevices DVB-S2 card seems unsupported by the included kernel.
    I found a thread about an unofficial LE7 version with alternate DVB drivers, but this is based on version 7.

Is there any possibility to add the alternate DVB drivers to the LE 8 alphas or do I have to wait?

Thank you.

Kind regards,
    Marcus

Edited once, last by mzurhorst (February 28, 2017 at 8:27 PM).

• Thanks to both of you.
    LE 7.90.006 is indeed working, very nice.

Actually, I am stuck with the configuration of TVH. I did not manage to get TVH42 working at all.
    When I went back to TVH40, I was able to scan like >500 channels on Astra E19.2, but a large bunch of german "standard" channels (RTL, Sat1, VOX) is missing. Tons of other channels (germans, + many others) were found.

Could this be related to the driver support? --

Kind regards,
    Marcus

• Dear all,

after upgrading to LE8 final, I did actually reset the box to its defaults.
    My DVB card is not available in TVHeadend configuration. Does anyone have the same issue with this S2 v7 card?

Thank you.

Regards,
    Marcus

• Same problem for me. Just upgraded from OpenELEC to LibreELEV 8 and TvHeadend doesnt recognize my "Digital Devices GmbH Cine V7".

Are the additional tuners included in the new V8 release? I dont want to fall back to some unofficial build as described here.
    Do I need to activate some modul to make it work?

Thanks

• Hey guys,

here is the solution for DigitalDevices users made possible by our friend CvH: LibreELEC 8.0.0 DD final
    He makes Images with DD-support, wich are - without a doubt - the best DVB-TV cards on the market.
    Support for those cards is sadly crippled by Linux kernel freaks, who sabotage any effort made by DigitalDevices driver developers.
    Have fun and support CvH!

• Hey guys,

here is the solution for DigitalDevices users made possible by our friend CvH: LibreELEC 8.0.0 DD final
    He makes Images with DD-support, wich are - without a doubt - the best DVB-TV cards on the market.
    Support for those cards is sadly crippled by Linux kernel freaks, who sabotage any effort made by DigitalDevices driver developers.
    Have fun and support CvH!

Thanks for the link (worked just fine)
    Can you elaborate whats the problem with the kernel-devs? I expected the DD drivers are some kind of kernel-modules which can be included by the LibreELEC team (similar to NVIDIA/AMD drivers).