Any reason currently to upgrade from an s912 to a rpi4?

• I haven’t had time to stay up on development or the benefits of the new pi. My s912 works fine but obviously no HDR. Is there really any major benefit if I was to upgrade to the new pi?

• Don't right now. You won't get HDR on the pi4 for a while so you won't get any immediate benefit.

I've been running an s905x mecool android box purely booting from micro SD card and it's been superb. Rock solid, HDR, zero crashes. Cost £25 on eBay.

I've got all the Pi's and used '#elec' for all of them. The alpha2 isn't quite ready IMHO, the kernal change is needed etc. This is not a dig or criticism of the libreelec team, quite the opposite. They do amazing work, just need to understand nothing can be ready and be perfect immediately when new hardware is released.

• Thank you! Kind of what I suspected from all of the posts here in the forums. They are working hard to get all the features working but it’s not quite ready. I’ll wait for until it comes out of alpha and beta before checking it out.

• I haven’t had time to stay up on development or the benefits of the new pi. My s912 works fine but obviously no HDR. Is there really any major benefit if I was to upgrade to the new pi?

Maybe you want an overheating HTPC or difficulty powering it?

(Wait for rev 1.0a of the Pi 4)