Live TV image freeze but sound live

• My Server Pi4 4gb

My Tv with this issue is running on a Pi 3B

When TV is live, it sometimes happens that the image becomes pixelated and freezes but sound is still working.

My server was previously a 3B+ and I had bunch of other issues but not this one.

Since im running on the same Pi 3B as before to watch TV, is there a setting that I need to change on the Pi 4B+ for that?

Thanks

• Is there a knows issue with latest version where if the signal quality is weak, image could freeze and never come back on its own and you have to switch channel to make it come back?

With TvHeadEnd 4.2.8 I did not get that issue.

I came back to my 3B+ , with latest version 4.3.1802, same result

Edited once, last by majoly (July 29, 2019 at 5:47 PM).

• I have this issue occasionally when the DVB signal is low, the video stream will freeze however the audio will carry on playing. Did you find any way to solve this?

• Yes, this is exactly what i am experiencing. During a live steram, if the video starts to buffer (the circle comes up on screen) when the buffering is done, the only thing that comes back is the sound of the video. The image stays frozen on the screen. What i have tried (and i'd like to think that it fixes the problem) is to disable the hardware acceleration. However, some streams unfortunately stutter when i do that. All the streams that i am talking about are h264 streams by the way. You can experiment with disabling the hardware acceleration. Hopefuly it will resolve it without affecting the quality of the playback. On a RPI4 i assume it will be more "forgiving" to disable it.

• Thanks, that's something to consider. I'd want to avoid disabling HW acceleration where possible though. I created a new thread here in the hope someone from the LE team would have some input.